Engaged in Combat: Mount Stamina

Mount Stamina: When two players attack each other. Enable Mount Stamina for both the players for X amount of time as long as they continue to damage each other the counter resets. Just like the grey combat flag on two players attacking each other.

IMO this is the best of both worlds. Players who don't want to fight can run forever. Players who engaged in combat and want and the end result of their opponent dying can fight. You can still get away if you stop attacking and play defense for a good portion, but for a while your at least going to have to deal with using resources for mount stamina. This is the same way that recall works right now. If you attack your in combat you can't recall. Can we please enable this same functionality for mount stamina.

For ethy's and all mounts.

Comments, Thoughts?

Sounds great except that it should be enabled for all mounts for all peeps.

With your idea, a red could run forever if you bluebies wanted to actually fight back and vice versa. Seems like a gimp mechanic as you suggested would make a gimp server.

I am not sure if you read my post right or if I just confused you by not explaining it well.

I am not saying only reds or blues should have it. I am saying anyone who engages in combat. AKA both attacking, using spells on each other, throwing purple pots or what ever should now have mount stamina added for a duration of time which is refreshed as they continue fighting.

I am just trying to find a solution to the current mechanics. Obviously they wont just add in mount stam for everyone. So trying to find another solution. If a red attacks you and you fight back, both will have mount stamina, if a blue attacks you and you fight back, both will have mount stamina. If you attack someone and they fight back, both will have mount stamina.

Example: Person A is Grey. He gets attacked by Person B. Person A fights back. A & B have mount stamina enabled. Person C walks up and attacks person A as well. Person A B C all have mount stamina. Basically anytime people enter combat that is going on, or both start in combat. They get mount stamina enabled for set period of time.

Dunno, maybe its a terrible idea. But I just don't understand how anyone gets a kill on someone who just decides to run forever and has bandages. Unless they can't dodge trees or something. Literally you cant kill them. Even throwing purple pots with GM alchemy perfect, you can't kill someone who has bandages and doesn't have to stop. Again unless they are just terrible at running. At least this way if someone runs up and attacks you and you fight back, they can't just bail instantly (at least give me a chance to kill them for screwing with me).

Seems to happen a lot for me lately. Does no one fight back. Most of these solo pk people are terrible. Turned in 3 heads yesterday. Would have been a few more if it wasn't for uo run forever mechanics.

Dont get me wrong. I love the server and the purple pots and all that happens here. I just think combat is a bit to breezy. It rewards numbers to guaranteed purple pot chase kills. Which is fine, but I would like to be able to chase down and kill a competent player every now and then. Due to them being forced to fight after running for a decent time, or at least stopping to feed mount or run out of stamina potions or how ever you guys think is best.

Edit. Or just give bolas or wands so I can throw pots and lightning people to death.

Really what is the reasoning behind no mount stamina?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not sure if you read my post right or if I just confused you by not explaining it well.

I am not saying only reds or blues should have it. I am saying anyone who engages in combat. AKA both attacking, using spells on each other, throwing purple pots or what ever should now have mount stamina added for a duration of time which is refreshed as they continue fighting.

I am just trying to find a solution to the current mechanics. Obviously they wont just add in mount stam for everyone. So trying to find another solution. If a red attacks you and you fight back, both will have mount stamina, if a blue attacks you and you fight back, both will have mount stamina. If you attack someone and they fight back, both will have mount stamina.

Example: Person A is Grey. He gets attacked by Person B. Person A fights back. A & B have mount stamina enabled. Person C walks up and attacks person A as well. Person A B C all have mount stamina. Basically anytime people enter combat that is going on, or both start in combat. They get mount stamina enabled for set period of time.

Dunno, maybe its a terrible idea. But I just don't understand how anyone gets a kill on someone who just decides to run forever and has bandages. Unless they can't dodge trees or something. Literally you cant kill them. Even throwing purple pots with GM alchemy perfect, you can't kill someone who has bandages and doesn't have to stop. Again unless they are just terrible at running. At least this way if someone runs up and attacks you and you fight back, they can't just bail instantly (at least give me a chance to kill them for screwing with me).

Seems to happen a lot for me lately. Does no one fight back. Most of these solo pk people are terrible. Turned in 3 heads yesterday. Would have been a few more if it wasn't for uo run forever mechanics.

Dont get me wrong. I love the server and the purple pots and all that happens here. I just think combat is a bit to breezy. It rewards numbers to guaranteed purple pot chase kills. Which is fine, but I would like to be able to chase down and kill a competent player every now and then. Due to them being forced to fight after running for a decent time, or at least stopping to feed mount or run out of stamina potions or how ever you guys think is best.

Edit. Or just give bolas or wands so I can throw pots and lightning people to death.

Really what is the reasoning behind no mount stamina?
No I read your post correctly the first time through.

The point i was making was that if Person A attacks Person B (red, blue, grey, whatever color) who doesn't attack back, Person B has no mount stam loss but Person A does. Sounds unbalanced and screwy.

You misread it. Only if Person B attacks back does person A gain stamina loss happen for both characters. Basically its a way for PVPers to have stamina loss and PVMer's to run forever. Since that is apparently the goal for this server?

So in this situation, is person A attacks person B, then neither get stamina loss. If person B runs for 2 hours straight and never attacks back, neither character gets stamina loss. But as soon as Person B attacks person A they both enter stamina loss agreement.

I dunno. I hate the entire concept of all this crap. I just want stamina loss for everyone. But there are people on here against it I guess.

Its basically the same concept as trying to get away with recall after you have been fighting. "Wouldst thou flee during the heat of battle?" If this is up, then basically mount stamina is enabled. That's basically it.

Last edited by a moderator: