Event idea " base defend/attack"

Would this be a good way to introduce people to factions

• Yeah, gotta love those big base fights

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Nahh, people dont care for fights like this

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Base fights whats that ? Factions is same like chaos/order.......

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LSDjay

Grandmaster
I was thinking to give people the feeling of a good faction battle,, so i came up with an event like base defend/atttack.
Basically it would mean that anyone who joins the event would be split up into 2 teams, 1 team holding a fortress other team attacking the fortress.
Let there be no ankhs and skill-loss, team members ress there own team mates, pets are allowed and anything goes.
Maybe a little preparation time once u know in wich team you are, so you could gather material to block the intrance of the base .

The objective is offcourse (maybe within a time-limit, depending on participants) to hold the base/ overrun the base.
Maybe give defenders of the base the option to start outside the base, i know i loved my lumber on osi, hiding outside delucia base and attacking the enemy's from the rear.

Personally im not a fan of rewards, i do things or participate in things because of the fun it gives me, if there have to be rewards im sure someone who is into that can post it.
It could be an event style like a invasion and have it once in a while, or like a CTF style event ( but then theres not so many people participating) or maybe 1 times a day.

The idea behind this is, when people participate and enjoy mass-battles like this.Maybe it give factions a boost and more people join it to fight such battles on faction.

Even possible to use Cove for this idea ( without boats ).

Im sure i fortgotten something, if anyone likes this plz post your viiews.