Exploits that exist.

Cack

Grandmaster
Hello, just in the last 1-2 weeks I've run across so many exploits in the game that for some reason still exist. In no particular order:

#1 Murder - I see not just tamers but other resource gatherers often see their pets slaughtered by blues all the time who run afterwards either to their house or to zones that auto dismount (like the orc place) then they just keep teleporting away while dexxers for example cannot keep up due to guess what LESS MANA. If they are allowed to keep doing this without anything stopping them, they will keep exploiting this.

#2 Lockboxes and other chests. All I have to do is go to few of the places for example tamers often go, see their spots where they recall back and keep placing these lockboxes all day. With a simple macro I can make hundreds of these boxes, and I might start doing it. I already got 30+ mil in gold I dunno what to use it on. Might as well exploit this as well so hopefully it can be addressed sooner.

#3 Wall of stone - A 3rd circle spell with short cast that requires a 5th circle spell to dispel it! How convenient for mages! I don't see mages using swords/tactics as a necessity in their talents, so why dexxers should be forced to invest a lot in magery just to counter this?

#4 Explosion potions - Reds/murderers can use these perfectly fine on blues while grey/criminals do 0 damage with them! No further comment.

I'm sharing these exploits to the public even if I could've kept them to myself just for some awareness of wtf is going on and I would be very I mean VERY happy to know LOGICAL explanations behind these exploits that still remain after all this long. Keep in mind these are just some of the exploits I've seen in the last 1-2 weeks. I bet there are ton more and others are welcome to add them here.
Seriously dude....take a break....go outside....smell a flower....smoke some weed.....

But most importantly....

Get out

Cack

Grandmaster
Ok fine.

Here you go op.
#1 murder. Your not even focused on what your actually complaining about but to say a Mage can't use teleport cause its an exploit. Sorry no. Working as intended.

#2 blocking recall locations with boxes. Get multiple rune locations and remove boxes. Working as intended.

#3 wall of stone. Use a dispel field scroll and then it is now a level 3 spell to cast (your welcome) also it is how it was intended since day one learn how to avoid getting walled in the first place. Working as intended.

#4 pots. Gm have made the decision to not cause splash damage to blues to open up town faction pvp. There call. Working as intended.

Please don't try calling the use of standard in game mechanics as exploits and expect not to get called a fool.

PS. I also want to report an exploit. Players are using the forums to report false exploits in an attempt to waste gm's time and make an ass of themselves.
Double like.

Get in

Kookie

Master
@TheFallen

#1 Where did you read that I'm saying "mages can't use teleport cause its an exploit?". Teleport is not the issue, the specific zone that favors magers with high mana pool is. That zone needs to be redone or it will be continuously exploited. (Ahh, I see a dexxer on me, wait lemme just run there so I can start spamming my teleport to get away)

#2 Getting multiple rune locations is pointless when those multiple rune locations can be also blocked once the individual sees where they are. You are welcome to carry entire runebook with 16 runes at one location so you can land a recall because of this exploit, that can also be blocked entirely, once they see where your new marks are landing.

#3 A level 3 spell to cast that's requiring a certain amount of magary for "successful" cast. So, again my point remains. You are still required to invest a lot of magery to cast it effectively when need to (even with scrolls)

#4 If red/murderers can throw explosion pots on blues then your argument again is invalid. Greys/criminals should have the same "fix" reds/murderers have when it comes to using explosion potions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
this is quite possibly the dumbest fucking post ive ever read, and thats quite an accomplishment considering some of these forum users

Sent from my LGMS395 using Tapatalk

God.RG

Grandmaster
@TheFallen

#1 Where did you read that I'm saying "mages can't use teleport cause its an exploit?". Teleport is not the issue, the specific zone that favors magers with high mana pool is. That zone needs to be redone or it will be continuously exploited. (Ahh, I see a dexxer on me, wait lemme just run there so I can start spamming my teleport to get away)

#2 Getting multiple rune locations is pointless when those multiple rune locations can be also blocked once the individual sees where they are. You are welcome to carry entire runebook with 16 runes at one location so you can land a recall because of this exploit, that will also end up being blocked entirely.

#3 A level 3 spell to cast that's requiring a certain amount of magary for "successful" cast. So, again my point remains. You are still required to invest a lot of magery to cast it effectively when need to (even with scrolls)

#4 If red/murderers can throw explosion pots on blues then your argument again is invalid. Greys/criminals should have the same "fix" reds/murderers have when it comes to using explosion potions.
.....lol.
you're not helping your case at all.. just stop while you're not so far behind.

Decreamos

Grandmaster
91994eccb27f536e47b65138a29843ac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kairus

Adept
nice post imo. the thing is, there is so many bugs/exploits/tricks in uo.

so everyone assumes its the way these things naturally should work anyways.

MANKRIK

Grandmaster
Hey guys in the last 2 weeks I've found heaps of exploits as well

#1 Recall - Wtf??? You can teleport around the map instantly wtf this is some bullshit. Some guy can kill you then just wait a few minutes and teleport away safely to his house NOT ON MY WATCH

#2 Circle of Transparency - You can see through walls and into peoples houses and shit that's insane. It isn't on by default which is why a lot of people probably don't know about this exploit. I only found out about it by hacking into the game by clicking options at the top and it was in one of the tabs. Be warned !!

#3 People playing together - I was in a dungeon and a group of red players killed me I hope the GM's fix this soon

Cack

Grandmaster
Hey guys in the last 2 weeks I've found heaps of exploits as well

#1 Recall - Wtf??? You can teleport around the map instantly wtf this is some bullshit. Some guy can kill you then just wait a few minutes and teleport away safely to his house NOT ON MY WATCH

#2 Circle of Transparency - You can see through walls and into peoples houses and shit that's insane. It isn't on by default which is why a lot of people probably don't know about this exploit. I only found out about it by hacking into the game by clicking options at the top and it was in one of the tabs. Be warned !!

#3 People playing together - I was in a dungeon and a group of red players killed me I hope the GM's fix this soon
I thought I was the only one who noticed these terrible exploits

Deadpool

Grandmaster
@Kookie I'm so glad you reported me once, because clearly I'm the only one who thinks your 20 ideas a day are garbage... as I post this on the 2nd page of a thread where almost all replies are telling you shut up.

STOP POSTING "SUGGESTIONS" PLEASE.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheapsuit

Master
Lay off the OP guys...

@Kookie ... Back over a decade ago I too thought mages had the upper hand in UO and actually paged a Gm on an OSI server and the GM told me " it was the intention of the developers that mages be the most powerful characters in the game". Although it stinks like a sack full of assholes, it is as intended.