Faction pets speed poll

Faction pets speed?

• Total voters

Mairon

Apprentice
Ppl too lazy to use para invis bladespirits and ev

This comment shows you don't even play the game. Blade spirits is 6 second cast time, ev is half your mana bar, para can be nulled so easy. Invis, da fuq? How can any of these options be used effectively with 5 tamers chasing you down with their level 7 metas 2 tiles behind.

I am taking about whether the sustained and burst high damage output (with no mana cost and unblockable by magic reflect I will add) is balanced when the mobility is so high.

Taming should be a defensive and PvE juggernaut not a mobile killing machine.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pandone

Grandmaster
This comment shows you don't even play the game. Blade spirits is 6 second cast time, ev is half your mana bar, para can be nulled so easy. How can any of these options be used effectively with 5 tamers chasing you down with their level 7 metas 2 tiles behind.

I am taking about whether the sustained and burst high damage output (with no mana cost and unblockable by magic reflect I will add) is balanced when the mobility is so high.

Taming should be a defensive and PvE juggernaut not a mobile killing machine.
i play solo pvp tamer on Zingaro, minax. i play i play, prolly more of all ppl have written here.
problem are the tiny dick$ started grouped too much allying and exploiting notoriety system, not the tamer itself

Pandone

Grandmaster
i don't get why faction pets have to be handicapped in the same time $ grief faction with group of tamers outside faction

Mairon

Apprentice
i play solo pvp tamer on Zingaro, minax. i play i play, prolly more of all ppl have written here.
problem are the tiny dick$ started grouped too much allying and exploiting notoriety system, not the tamer itself

All we are suggesting here is a marginal nerf to movement speed, not damage. It will in no way be game breaking for tamer PvP, it will just encourage tamers to think a little more instead of running around with reckless abandonment. Honestly In it's current form I'm not too worried about $, even with the broken pet speed they are easy enough to pick off. (Don't get me wrong, being able to run full speed with your pet right behind you is fucking dumb) But hell I'm EQMS, I'll just opt for zerging more instead of rolling solo or in small groups to combat this.

What I am really concerned about is if they go through with increased penalties to reds without doing anything about tamers. Reds who don't have the option to roll deep will never want to engage, or get squashed when they do, and we will surely see the beginning of a mass exodus of many quality pvpers.

All that will be left is $ tamers and noobs in purple. How fun will that be?

Mairon

Apprentice
i don't get why faction pets have to be handicapped in the same time $ grief faction with group of tamers outside faction

Easy solution, make faction pets less derpy, make regular pets more derpy. Make them the same in some middle ground.

Bobby123

Grandmaster
lawl ! look at all the EQMS propaganda !

EQMS must be so affected by $ guild owning them day n night .

Let me do a recollection of what EQMS has been complaining since they move over from uoforever to UOF .

-EQMS COMPLAINING ABT ALL GUARD ME SO Fix all guard me. ( checked)
-EQMS COMPLAINING ABT OVERPOWERED PETS SO Fix pets damage ( checked)
-SO EQMS PROPOSING GIVing MURDER COUNTS FOR KILLING PETS ? ( lawl biggest joke ever )
-and NOW FIX PET MOVEMENT SPEED ?

SO WATS NEXT ? MAKE ALL PETS WITH 1hp so they can kill it with a magic arrow spell ?

LAWL !

EQMS MOTTO IS " WHEN U CANT BEAT THEM INGAME , CRY ABT THEM ON FORUMS " .

lawl !

$ wins again !

Tydeus

Master
Dragons in PvP is Player vs Player and Monster (PvP&M), and the "monster" pets can be brutal. Not everyone can afford the time nor the gold to make a tamer, so this gives those with the time and gold an edge, when most people just want to PvP and the templates needed for normal PvP are very fast and easy to make. Taming was never a big part of PvP in past times when I played UO.

It has been suggested that meta pets be removed from the game. I wouldn't care myself, but all the people who invested all that time and gold into getting the meta pet would need to be compensated at the current going market rate of their pet and its relics. This would leave only the meta dexxers and meta mages, and I would think that the ordinary dragon(s) with or without a death beetle would still be the top tier of the PvM scene. I've heard others complain that meta pets made PvM too easy.

One possible way to adjust how things work is to make the pets move at their normal speed if their master is flagged in PvP combat. If their master isn't in any sort of PvP combat, the pets will move as fast as a mount if their master is mounted.