Faction Suggestion

I C Y U N V ME-

Apprentice
As of now you can not join True Brit or Council Of Mages if you are a red character and if you join blue but go red after it will instantly kick you out of factions. Why is this and could it possibly be fixed with the new faction updates many people are going for red factioners and SL and Minax are just not enough to maintain the PvP population maybe we could open up the other two factions to reds as well? Feedback anyone?

halygon

Grandmaster
It is based upon the Hero/Evil (Good/Evil) system. True Brit and CoM are Heros while Minax and SL are Evil.

halygon

Grandmaster
Yeah but if Minax/SL are full, and you want to play a red in COM/TB, why shouldnt you be able to?
No. Can't be a hero AND murderer..

As far as Minax/SL being full.. I dunno about that. I guess that just means you should step up and become a Hero for the people...lol

buffalo bob

Neophyte
Well they shouldn't try and promote/push for factions then limit which you can be in. Especially if you don't want to join one that is more populated than others.

jkg8787

Master
Well they shouldn't try and promote/push for factions then limit which you can be in. Especially if you don't want to join one that is more populated than others.
Hence the floating cap already being discussed. The most full faction will not allow new joins until the others catch up.

buffalo bob

Neophyte
But if there are faggots in one faction, and they are in the murderer faction, why in the world would I want to join that faction? Do you understand? I want to kill them.

jkg8787

Master
But if there are faggots in one faction, and they are in the murderer faction, why in the world would I want to join that faction? Do you understand? I want to kill them.
It's not like youre penalized for attacking a fellow Factioner.

Why not just kill the "red-faggots"?

K A Z

Grandmaster
It's not like youre penalized for attacking a fellow Factioner.

Why not just kill the "red-faggots"?

you'll loose life force for killing your faction mates (as far as I understood it). I see where you guys are coming from, but I personally like how it is right now. Reds in COM and TB with "Hero" above their head look a bit stupid atleast from a RP view (jesus christ, I never thought I'd write something like this).

jkg8787

Master
you'll loose life force for killing your faction mates (as far as I understood it). I see where you guys are coming from, but I personally like how it is right now. Reds in COM and TB with "Hero" above their head look a bit stupid atleast from a RP view (jesus christ, I never thought I'd write something like this).
Oh shit really?

Have to be honest, I don't know much about Hero/Evil in terms of factions. Was that like an AoS thing? I really don't remember that in UO:R.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Oh shit really?

Have to be honest, I don't know much about Hero/Evil in terms of factions. Was that like an AoS thing? I really don't remember that in UO:R.

it was only active on Siege Perilous Shards (so SP and the Korean and Jap counterparts). A few Freeshards had it afterwards and imo its a really neat addition.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
it was only active on Siege Perilous Shards (so SP and the Korean and Jap counterparts). A few Freeshards had it afterwards and imo its a really neat addition.
but what happens between sl and minax they must be able to kill each other with no penalties right? if not surely your losing 1/4 of the possible fights factions brings

halygon

Grandmaster
Just do what Crew did in SL. We just focused our guild on the guild in SL that we didn't like until they chose to leave the faction. Then we were happy with our faction-mates. Kinda a dick thing to do, but its effective.

but what happens between sl and minax they must be able to kill each other with no penalties right? if not surely your losing 1/4 of the possible fights factions brings
Nah, you can still attack any of the other 3 opposing factions freely. They will be orange. There is just a bonus with the ethics to kill those of good or evil factions.

K A Z

Grandmaster

just re-checked the patch notes and it seems like I misread em the first time. It's not like that her. Might have read it on a diffrent forum/UOGuides.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
ahh good i haven't played factions since i played osi EU/SP but im kinda interested in these changes just need to find convince some friends to play with me now :)

halygon

Grandmaster
ahh good i haven't played factions since i played osi EU/SP but im kinda interested in these changes just need to find convince some friends to play with me now :)
Yeah, factions are team sports and are hard to do solo. Especially when some folks idea of a fair fight is a para gank.

jkg8787

Master
Yeah, factions are team sports and are hard to do solo. Especially when some folks idea of a fair fight is a para gank.
I'm hoping as a Solo player that all these changes liven up factions. At the moment it seems to be almost suicidal to join on a Solo character.

halygon

Grandmaster
I'm hoping as a Solo player that all these changes liven up factions. At the moment it seems to be almost suicidal to join on a Solo character.
Well, most of my guild either transferred to another shard, is on military leave, or play at other times than me. I am usually solo for the most part, which means I have to be careful with my battles. 1v2 -- usually ok depending on who those two are. But 1v3+ is big trouble usually. I usually attempt to string out gank squads and take them down one at a time before I just say screw it and leave the area.

For factions, you cannot do nearly anything faction related (except pvp) by yourself as it is not designed that way. I mean you can steal a sigil, but you can't really guard it that well against another faction.