Fishing sos mib question

Platonic Love

Neophyte
Is there somewhere I should be fishing where I'm more likely to pull up SOSs and MiBs? I'm GM and been going a while and haven't found anything.

Thanks

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
At GM you can expect, on average, 2 MiBs per hour of constant fishing. That becomes exponentially higher as you raise your Fishing through powerscrolls.

Mathias

Adept
No, then at 110 fishing you'd get 16 per hour, at 115 you'd get 256 per hour.

Sorry, I don't normally correct people like this since I know you didn't mean it like that, but I don't want him to get the wrong idea. Nothing exponential about it, it increases linearly as you gain up to 120.

Last edited by a moderator:

Messremb

Grandmaster
I think you are mistaking growth by doubling for exponential growth. As it stands there is not enough data to decide if the growth is exponential or linear. It's possible that it is an exponential growth.

Just fyi

Growth by doubling is a form of exponential growth that is expressed as y=2^x

Exponential growth is expressed as y= a(1+r)^x

Where
A is amount before growth
R is growth rate
X is the number of intervals

So all growth by doubling is exponential but all exponential growth is not doubling.

As Dewd did not state a specific growth rate it is hard to say he is wrong without more data.

House Daymist

Kicking this thread up just to ask this question:

Deep water is... what, exactly? on the map there is light and slightly less light blue. I'm assuming you mean the latter is where to look for MiBs?

Lopsang

Master
Not 100% sure but I think its something like 18-20 tiles off shore in all directions. Just go a few screens off shore and you're fine.

Furync

Grandmaster
So do you move around or stay in the same place?
The MIBs are on the spawn?
I stay in the same place "until the fish dont bite". Mibs are on sea serpents you pull up. Read the message when you pull one up, when it talks about a parchment, its a tmap, when it talks about message in a bottle, its a mib, and you can also get nets but I forget what that message is. Basically the rule of thumb is if it's any good, you'll have to kill the serpent for it.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk