Fishing

Torrun

Expert
So I'm not a new player but I've never had a treasure hunter or fisher and now I'm making one. What all is there for a fisher to do, and at what skill levels can you do it?

Malkraven

Grandmaster
Not much pre 99(i think) at 99 skill you should start seeing MIBs (message in bottle) on serps you pull up and a chance of Ancient SOS (drops fabled fishing nets that spawn Levithens ( chance at rare + small chance of Rare color chest).

The next major change is at 115 when each time your fish up a MIB you have a tiny chance of spawning an Osiridon which can drop rares.

apart from this lot your get 100s of green fishing nets( and a chance at rare colors) these spawns serps, krakens and water/deep elemental. the krakens can drop semi rares more nets and MIBS but mostly nothing.

+ they have mentioned new stuff due soon for fishing/sea-based pvp via these whirl pool things check out the patch notes

Tonycakes

Grandmaster
Also for fishing its best to save your MIBs up and do them all together instead of finding one and doing it. You will waste a lot of time this way. I currently have prolly 30-50 mibs in my house waiting till I get to 100 to do them! What is your character template?

Defari

Adept
Since I've discovered fishing it's pretty much all I do now (MiBs) - fishing rocks on this server!!

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
I believe you start pulling serpents from the deep around 80+, but until around GM, don't expect much more than 2 MiBs an hour.

Yoar

Adept
You start finding treasure maps at 80, fishing nets at 90 and MiBs at 100. I don't think you can find any MiBs before GM (unless they changed that on UOF).

BeerJedi

Grandmaster
anyone ever go longer than 3 hours at GM and not get an MIB? happened ot me last night. i fished all night and literally for 3 hours never got an MIB. I'm at GM.

Dewderonomy

Grandmaster
Did you not pull serpents at all? Remember, it isn't that you'll get more MiBs the higher your fishing, just that you'll get more serpents. More serpents = more chances at MiBs.