fishing

Dreifub

Journeyman
New to the whole fishing what other skills do i need to gm on my fisher? im out in the highseas should i keep the fish i get and cut them in to steaks or?any info helps thanks

wil3ur

Grandmaster
Fish are pretty worthless (only 1gp per) I tend to drop those. You'll want to get sea monsters and kill them for bottles, maps and their hide/scales if you have crafter. I'm still fairly new to the fishing thing too, but the setup I did was this:

100 Fishing
100 Hiding
100 Magery
100 Resist
100 Provocation
100 Music
100 Meditation

I use straight magery to take out the sea monsters. For the deep sea elementals, I usually hide on my boat and fish the location. Once I bring up a shipwreck item, I summon a daemon. Then continue the fishing until the elementals pop. I provo the elementals onto each other, then stand back and cast EV/Hide until dead. With the selling of the items in the chest, the gold and other stuff I can net about 10-15k a bottle.

Phineas

Master
Arrrrrrrrrrrrr.. Here be my stats Matey..

120 Fish
100 Magery
100 Eval
100 Med
100 Music
100 Prov
80 Resist

I own everything out there and I hide from nothing.. I would suggest summoning a Deamon BEFORE you fish the MiB. Make sure you have some weight on you so the chest doesn't pop into your bag, setting off the trap, and weighing down so you can't get away. The Eles will not move when brought up, and you have about 4 seconds before they target. So you run past your Deamon and say "all kill" and target the Deep Ele.. Then Prov the two and cast an energy vortex. Down they go..

Good Luck out there, I'll be lookin' fer yas! ;)

obi2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
I use a two-man team myself, but only because my fisher is also my tmapper and inscriptionist. I keep my fisher hidden on deck just fishing. I use my provo-archer to provo the elementals on to each other and use nets to bring up more beasties and just watch a massacre unfold in the water. It works nicely. I learned all a know from a good friend that shall remain nameless :)

As for the chests, I never set them off if they pop into my bag. If using razor I would just make sure to uncheck "search new containers" option.

On the fishing note, still looking for a 110 fishing scroll that isn't double the going rate o_O

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
Anytime, matey ;)

Just a question but why only 80 resist? Your skill cap should be 720 having eaten power scrolls to 120 fishing.

Keltonator

Grandmaster
Is there some crazy trick to making my fishing macro in razor work properly? It's running on loop but I only actually cast about 1 out of every 10 times it plays through..

wil3ur

Grandmaster
The way I set my macro up was like this (at Britain docks).

Double Click Pole
wait 250ms
Click location
wait 10 seconds
Walk to a new location about 10 tiles away or so (so you don't fish the area out)
Double click pole
wait 250ms
Click location
Wait 10 Seconds

Repeat that at 6 or 7 different places, making sure your last action is walking back to where you started, then select loop. Unfortunately I couldn't figure out a way to make it drop fish, so you have to check it every couple hours to sell fish to guy or drop them. But by looping it this way, the fishing holes never got fished out. My guy just wandered in circles for a few hours.

I was able to GM at the Britain docks doing this mostly afk.

Keltonator

Grandmaster
Okay, I've just been standing in the same spot. So maybe that's it. Just seemed like more of a technical issue because I feel like the macro isn't running the way I set it up though. Idk I'll try this and see

Keltonator

Grandmaster
Like, I have double click pole, then a pause and target relative location. It's just that when it plays the click pole part it never gives a cursor on where to fish.

wil3ur

Grandmaster
are you doing it with click by type or by object #? Click by type doesn't always work because there are other fishing poles around not in your possession that razor doesn't know any better for trying to use.

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
The best way to set up the macro so it works in any location is to do the double click on the fishing pole (convert it to type if you'd like), target the water, then resync your client. Convert the water you targeted to "type relative to location". Insert a pause in there to about 8 seconds I think. Loop it.

If using only one character for the fishing, insert a "forward one" command that loops every 4 seconds. You will never run out of fishing spots as you continuously move forward. I use two characters so the fisherman is simply on the fishing macro. My provo archer is set up with the "forward one" macro.

It all works like a charm.

glgibbs

Expert
The best way to set up the macro so it works in any location is to do the double click on the fishing pole (convert it to type if you'd like), target the water, then resync your client. Convert the water you targeted to "type relative to location". Insert a pause in there to about 8 seconds I think. Loop it.
When I make a fishing macro on a boat, my relative location gets completely off whenever I move. Is that fixed by the "resnyc your client" you mentioned. If so, how do I do that.

eppy

Grandmaster
When I make a fishing macro on a boat, my relative location gets completely off whenever I move. Is that fixed by the "resnyc your client" you mentioned. If so, how do I do that.

You can set a hotkey in razor to do it then record yourself pressing that key. In UOSteam it is just the resync command.