Flagged reds can not recall/use gates.

thestand

Grandmaster
Make it so flagged reds can not recall/use gates. What you guys think? Right now if a pk comes into a dungeon and I flag him first he can recall/use gate.

AlyM

Grandmaster
I do not agree with this.
If you're blue and a red flags on you, you can use recall/gate to get away.
Same does, and should go for reds.

If it doesn't go that way for reds it shouldn't for blues either, and then its just unfair.

Garet Jax

Grandmaster
NnZtEva.jpg

K A Z

Grandmaster
remove statloss for reds outside dungeons, make it that they suffer 48 hours statloss INSTANTLY when they die inside a dungeon (yes, also when they die to mobs), make it so that they can't recall once attacked (to balance the no-statloss outside of dungeonz).

have fun and finally some pvp

oh yea

amonseti

Grandmaster
Well I do agree that player killing need more penalties for sure.. its far to easy a free ride for them due to the huge off balance vs pvm templates..
However im not sure i agree with this 100% ..
I dont know if there is a way but perhaps reds can not recall / gate into or out of dungeons only. outside of dungeons no change.
Also everyone should not be able to precast a spell and run thru a dungeon . after a set amount of steps the spell should decast

Garet Jax

Grandmaster
Well I do agree that player killing need more penalties for sure.. its far to easy a free ride for them due to the huge off balance vs pvm templates..
I dont know if there is a way but perhaps reds can not recall / gate into or out of dungeons only. outside of dungeons no change.
Also everyone should not be able to precast a spell and run thru a dungeon . after a set amount of steps the spell should decast
Then everyone will just ghost entrances

halygon

Grandmaster
I want what he smokes ^^

K A Z

Grandmaster
i think stat loss is punishment enough for being red lol

and the older this server grows the more I get the feeling that to get atleast some PVP action on here we have to remove statloss outside of Dungeons. I feel as if the red population is getting bored of sacrificing their chars for 48 hours each death in order to entertain shitty blue non-faction pvpers.

Mango

Grandmaster
and the older this server grows the more I get the feeling that to get atleast some PVP action on here we have to remove statloss outside of Dungeons. I feel as if the red population is getting bored of sacrificing their chars for 48 hours each death in order to entertain shitty blue non-faction pvpers.

I do sort-of like the idea of stat-loss, but I think it could be refined. possibly restricted to just dungeons.

lost

Grandmaster
Yeah I have five reds and it's not uncommon to get them all statted in two days time, then I'm out for two days. Making things severe would be rough, as it is blues just Zerg rush reds until can stat, without much penalty. Sure the pvmers don't do this but at Idocs n Brit farms they do and that is an aspect of red Pvp. I don't find farming dungeon newbies that fun so generally avoid it unless last resort. Also for me all my pvp toons are red

Plus we have the op meta pet tamers that travel in twos to res over and over with all kill, no penalty there n two day risk for reds.

K A Z

Grandmaster
I do sort-of like the idea of stat-loss, but I think it could be refined. possibly restricted to just dungeons.

statloss has it's purpose, no doubt. And I'm all for protecting Bards and Tamers INSIDE of Dungeons. If somebody decides to steal another player's gold he should be punished for it - end of story.

BUT

the current statloss system has brought out a breed of what I would personally describe as blue griefers. People who are too scared to play reds or join factions, but rely on reds to entertain them with PVP. The statloss system as it is right now basically provides them with the ultimate griefing tool and puts those (mostly) really bad PVPers in a position where they have e-force over people and can decide whether you can still play that char or not. Obviously everyone has about 10 reds nowadays which makes the statloss not as severe, but still. One has to ask, if we still need it outside of dungeons and if it wouldn't be better for the Shard's over-all PVP if we'd remove it. Because face it. Factions are dead on here and I can't see people joining them in the near future.

amonseti

Grandmaster
Yeah I have five reds and it's not uncommon to get them all statted in two days time, then I'm out for two days. Making things severe would be rough, as it is blues just Zerg rush reds until can stat, without much penalty. Sure the pvmers don't do this but at Idocs n Brit farms they do and that is an aspect of red Pvp. I don't find farming dungeon newbies that fun so generally avoid it unless last resort. Also for me all my pvp toons are red

Plus we have the op meta pet tamers that travel in twos to res over and over with all kill, no penalty there n two day risk for reds.

Try real pvp then. PK'ing pvm's is not pvp and is not consented therefore you get punished for your CRIME.. WTF do people not get that ..

K A Z

Grandmaster
Try real pvp then. PK'ing pvm's is not pvp and is not consented therefore you get punished for your CRIME.. WTF do people not get that ..

the funny thing about this is that most people who are only playing reds nowadays (like myself) have been the backbone of faction PVP for a long time on here. It's just that most BLUE PVPERS refuse to join factions but RELY on reds to offer them fights. There's no use joining a faction right now because it's borderline dead (max 1-2 hours of action a DAY).

I'd also argue that blues are not innocent at all, especially not outside of Dungeons where they're usually the worst breed of griefers. (I myself mostly use blues to grief others since they're much more convenient for most griefing activities)

amonseti

Grandmaster
the funny thing about this is that most people who are only playing reds nowadays (like myself) have been the backbone of faction PVP for a long time on here. It's just that most BLUE PVPERS refuse to join factions but RELY on reds to offer them fights. There's no use joining a faction right now because it's borderline dead (max 1-2 hours of action a DAY).

I'd also argue that blues are not innocent at all, especially not outside of Dungeons where they're usually the worst breed of griefers. (I myself mostly use blues to grief others since they're much more convenient for most griefing activities)

Simply not true.. The real reason No one plays factions is because Blue pvm targets are way to lucrative with very little risk and no penalties.
If the RISK for PK'ing was increased dramatically this may steer people into factions ... but as it is now , people would rather shoot fish in a barrel.

If your red it means you have killed innocents too many times, which means you killed several PvM players for profit. Dont give me this load of shit you went red for the PVP .. You never needed to go red in the first place.. Had you wanted just PVP then you should have joined factions and the faction game would be better for it ... BUT NOPE ! reds decided they wanted easy loot instead and call it pvp ..

halygon

Grandmaster
PKing PVMers is most definitely pvp. The fact that most pvmers on here suck at it does not remove the fact that it is still pvp. I hear the complaint "but PVM templates are no match for PVP templates" -- this is entirely up to your choice of how you develop your template. If you lets say go the bards route and decide to not have magical resist -- that is still your decision. YOU made the concious decision to take a weaker template PVP-wise to get an advantage PVM-wise. It is risk vs reward as everything in UO is.

In addition, PKing PVMers is a way of forcing ppl to PVP. Without this, UO is shit, plain and simple. Without the fear that you can lose everything, UO is nothing more than carebear land in WoW. Be thankful for the PKs that are willing to risk their ability to play for 48 hours to give you UO as it should be.

K A Z

Grandmaster
Simply not true.. The real reason No one plays factions is because Blue pvm targets are way to lucrative with very little risk and no penalties.
If the RISK for PK'ing was increased dramatically this may steer people into factions ... but as it is now , people would rather shoot fish in a barrel.

If your red it means you have killed innocents too many times, which means you killed several PvM players for profit. Dont give me this load of shit you went red for the PVP .. You never needed to go red in the first place.. Had you wanted just PVP then you should have joined factions and the faction game would be better for it ... BUT NOPE ! reds decided they wanted easy loot instead and call it pvp ..

wrong, wrong, wrong.

the real reason noone plays factions is because it has a lack of players. This is because blue PVPers can't stand losing a faction point, being freely attackable etc. etc. etc. That's why they're staying blues and are only fighting reds.

We need to distinguish between reds in dungeons and reds outside dungeons. This isn't 1998 anymore.