Forbid UOSteam

Uzz Uzz

Journeyman
I actually heard the first time about SteamUO 5 minutes ago and decided to check it out.
Well, its basically a Razor copy with the ability of implementing EasyUO Scripts and options.
Theres no problem using it for Macroing, training Skills whatever, however it completely destroys PvP.

A few examples: Auto chugging cure pot, heal pot. Auto removing weapons for chugging pots. but the worst of all, since ive seen alot of alchy mages on this shard is that you can macro your explo pots.
The only fucking reason there exists 4-3-2-1 and 3-2-1 is that you shouldnt be able to macro it so it actually takes skill to play an alchy mage. SteamUO completely destroys the purpose of the explo pot timer on the shard and alot of other forbidden pvp related stuff.

Theres not a single macro you need for training your skills, automating some processes, but the ability to create script like macros is just completely stupid. The only reason somebody would use SteamUO over Razor is because he wants to use the perks of those macros which bypass the effect of the server script rules for explo pots for exmaple.

AlyM

Grandmaster
Theres not a single macro you need for training your skills, automating some processes, but the ability to create script like macros is just completely stupid. The only reason somebody would use SteamUO over Razor is because he wants to use the perks of those macros which bypass the effect of the server script rules for explo pots for exmaple.

Just wanted to say a tiny bit of something on this.
I don't PVP much - only if my boyfriend drags me in or someone who looks like a newb attacks me, then I will fight (and still lose, always, always)...

I use Razor most of the time because my hotkeys are there but when I move them to steam I'll happily use steam.
It's not for PVP for me - I use the scripts for crafting and other shit...
Yeah I can do it with razor, and I do, but its easier and more intuitive with UOsteam.
I can get crafty with the scripts so they pop up some pink message saying, hey you're out of scissors, or even better, restocking them when I run out rather than with razor restocking every time..:)

halygon

Grandmaster
I actually heard the first time about SteamUO 5 minutes ago and decided to check it out.
Well, its basically a Razor copy with the ability of implementing EasyUO Scripts and options.
Theres no problem using it for Macroing, training Skills whatever, however it completely destroys PvP.

A few examples: Auto chugging cure pot, heal pot. Auto removing weapons for chugging pots. but the worst of all, since ive seen alot of alchy mages on this shard is that you can macro your explo pots.
The only fucking reason there exists 4-3-2-1 and 3-2-1 is that you shouldnt be able to macro it so it actually takes skill to play an alchy mage. SteamUO completely destroys the purpose of the explo pot timer on the shard and alot of other forbidden pvp related stuff.

Not the sharpest cookie in the jar...

As it stands right now, razor can do mostly any of these things that you are complaining about with uos. Want an automated pot throwing macro? Razor can do it. Want to auto apply a bandaid when hurt? Or maybe instead of an aid you want to drink a gheal or gcure (if poisoned)... Razor can do all of this.

Want to afk macro an idoc to see when it changes from greatly worn to idoc? Razor can do it.

So if razor can do all these things that uos can do.. Why would anyone want to use UOS? Plain and simple... Razor is a peice of shit. It is not compatible with newer operating systems, you cannot easily edit macros. The mapping system is horrible. Half of the features are half as good as UOS. And dear god, don't get me into the hoops you have to jump to macro craft things like full runebooks or spellbooks.

Why would you want to use razor? This I don't understand.

Uzz Uzz

Journeyman
Just wanted to say a tiny bit of something on this.
I don't PVP much - only if my boyfriend drags me in or someone who looks like a newb attacks me, then I will fight (and still lose, always, always)...

I use Razor most of the time because my hotkeys are there but when I move them to steam I'll happily use steam.
It's not for PVP for me - I use the scripts for crafting and other shit...
Yeah I can do it with razor, and I do, but its easier and more intuitive with UOsteam.
I can get crafty with the scripts so they pop up some pink message saying, hey you're out of scissors, or even better, restocking them when I run out rather than with razor restocking every time..:)

I completely understand your point of view, and there may be a lot of features which just come in as very handy UOSteam offers, however you are possibly the exception of the rule.
However there simply is so crafting macro, train skilling macro you cannot aswell do with razor. And those macros/scripts which actually restock everything for you should be forbidden aswell IMO.
Razor is a tool which should automate processes for you, like clicking animal lore 10000x times manually to GM lore, HOWEVER it was NEVER intended to completely AUTOMATE your whole game. It was made to help with the very boring stuff of UO, but not completely play for you while your gone.

Back to topic, while UoSteam may be used for stuff you can aswell do with razor, most people will not. So the only logical conclusion is, that most people use it for macroing explo pots etc. This completely takes away skill from the game. Obviously the admins NEVER wanted people to macro explo pots, otherwise they wouldnt have included the random timer.

It just allows too much stuff, which destroys PvP and takes away the skill. Bad alchy mages are of no harm, nobody cares, however alchy mages who never miss a fucking pot are scary, even if they are the worst player on uof

Uzz Uzz

Journeyman
Not the sharpest cookie in the jar...

As it stands right now, razor can do mostly any of these things that you are complaining about with uos. Want an automated pot throwing macro? Razor can do it. Want to auto apply a bandaid when hurt? Or maybe instead of an aid you want to drink a gheal or gcure (if poisoned)... Razor can do all of this.

Want to afk macro an idoc to see when it changes from greatly worn to idoc? Razor can do it.

So if razor can do all these things that uos can do.. Why would anyone want to use UOS? Plain and simple... Razor is a peice of shit. It is not compatible with newer operating systems, you cannot easily edit macros. The mapping system is horrible. Half of the features are half as good as UOS. And dear god, don't get me into the hoops you have to jump to macro craft things like full runebooks or spellbooks.

Why would you want to use razor? This I don't understand.

Razor cant check journals and have a pause accordingly for your explo pots, and if it can, its so slow that its too late already.

Also you dont really get my point. Ofcourse razor can chug pots on hotkey, however it cannot auto chug cures/heals like easyuo/steamuo can which makes it completely overpowered in PvP. Have you ever team fighted someone in UO ? Theres a difference between having to press a hotkey to get cured, or having everything done completely by steamuo without moving a finger.

Your post clearly implies that you have never pvped in your life, and dont really understand my concerns regarding pvp and the power uosteam offers for pvp which automates stuff without the player having to look at his keyboard or monitor

halygon

Grandmaster
Razor cant check journals and have a pause accordingly for your explo pots, and if it can, its so slow that its too late already.
Actually razor can read system messages just like uosteam. Maybe you should research before making exclamations like this?

Also you dont really get my point. Ofcourse razor can chug pots on hotkey, however it cannot auto chug cures/heals like easyuo/steamuo can which makes it completely overpowered in PvP. Have you ever team fighted someone in UO ? Theres a difference between having to press a hotkey to get cured, or having everything done completely by steamuo without moving a finger.
Again, razor can do this also. There are noobs running around with auto heal macros -- and have been for a looooong time. Again, please research before posting about things you don't understand.

Your post clearly implies that you have never pvped in your life, and dont really understand my concerns regarding pvp

Again, lack of research?

halygon

Grandmaster
Oh yeah, here's helping you with your research.

Google "how to make razor pvp for you"

Let me know how you like the first site.

Your post clearly implies that you have never pvped in your life, and dont really understand my concerns regarding pvp and the power uosteam offers for pvp which automates stuff without the player having to look at his keyboard or monitor

Steam is modified on this server -- a lot of features are disabled -- INCLUDING its ability to read the journal. So actually it is you who is uninformed in this case.

Uzz Uzz

Journeyman
Actually razor can read system messages just like uosteam. Maybe you should research before making exclamations like this?

Again, razor can do this also. There are noobs running around with auto heal macros -- and have been for a looooong time. Again, please research before posting about things you don't understand.

Again, lack of research?

Id like to see the razor option which automatically chugs cures like easyuo or steamuo can do, please tell me where that option would be xD

im also happy to see a macro which checks for journal messages for explo pots and throws accordingly. if you can show me both i take everything back

DragonxBC

Grandmaster
if only they can fix speedhacking instead of just detecting the latest and newest speedhacking software out there.

Uzz Uzz

Journeyman
Oh yeah, here's helping you with your research.

Google "how to make razor pvp for you"

Let me know how you like the first site.

i love how you have no clue about pvp. anybody in pvp who has ANY clue atleast, will tell you that auto cure/heal from razor is the worst thing you can ever use, and writing an own macro for it is even worse.
razor cannot detect the poison ticks, thus any experienced player will drop you with his first combo as you wont get out of poison lock. seriously LOL. you dont really get my points ^.^

have fun writing a cure macro for any 5x duel, you will be dumped first drop by anyone who knows poison ticks. lets not talk about field pvp, where autocasting cure everytime would be even more detrimental

Id like to see the razor option which automatically chugs cures like easyuo or steamuo can do, please tell me where that option would be xD

im also happy to see a macro which checks for journal messages for explo pots and throws accordingly. if you can show me both i take everything back

I repeat, Steam CANNOT check journal message for explosion potions on this server. On other servers it can, NOT HERE. So ONCE AGAIN, Steam is MODIFIED on this server. Thank you.

Uzz Uzz

Journeyman
I repeat, Steam CANNOT check journal message for explosion potions on this server. On other servers it can, NOT HERE. So ONCE AGAIN, Steam is MODIFIED on this server. Thank you.

as far as ive seen, your able to copy easyuo scripts into uosteam.
you cannot forbid easyuo either to check for journals, it simply does it, and easyuo scripts who check journals DO work on this shard.
you cannot forbid macro specific stuff inside a macro. just as auto disarm. chug pots easyuo scripts will work altough this feature may be disabled in steamuo

they can restrict every option from steamuo, it doesnt change the fact that you can write a script for it and have it running. basically, theres an automatic option in steamuo which will automatically disarm you and chug a pot. its built in the program and can be restricted as it is right now. however if they dont manage to restrict writing macros/scripts you can just write a script for that and have it running....

they can aswell block the auto feature of the program to auto cure/heal yourself. well, too bad you can just write a script for it and have it running.

halygon

Grandmaster
as far as ive seen, your able to copy easyuo scripts into uosteam.
you cannot forbid easyuo either to check for journals, it simply does it, and easyuo scripts who check journals DO work on this shard.
you cannot forbid macro specific stuff inside a macro. just as auto disarm. chug pots easyuo scripts will work altough this feature may be disabled in steamuo

they can restrict every option from steamuo, it doesnt change the fact that you can write a script for it and have it running. basically, theres an automatic option in steamuo which will automatically disarm you and chug a pot. its built in the program and can be restricted as it is right now. however if they dont manage to restrict writing macros/scripts you can just write a script for that and have it running....
All points have been proven already on my side. I am not going to provide anyone with auto razor or auto uosteam macros, you are not special. Do a google and you can probably find out on your own.

And yes, uosteam can check "some" journal entries on this shard, the same ones that razor can check with its "if sys msg..." function. But all other journal entry checks on uosteam have been disabled.

Uzz Uzz - I don't know if you pvp, pvm, or just ***** a lot, but you definately do not know the ins and outs of either Razor or UOSteam. Please don't make silly posts like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Uzz Uzz

Journeyman
All point have been proven already on my side. I am not going to provide anyone with auto razor or auto uosteam macros, you are not special. Do a google and you can probably find out on your own.

And yes, uosteam can check "some" journal entries on this shard, the same ones that razor can check with its "if sys msg..." function. But all other journal entry checks on uosteam have been disabled.

Uzz Uzz - I don't know if you pvp, pvm, or just ***** a lot, but you definately do not know the ins and outs of either Razor or UOSteam. Please don't make silly posts like this.

your points have hardly been proven. you said razor can do t he same things, scripts are able to achieve which isnt the case. very easy
you dont have to support me with macros or anything. make a video of the macro in razor working for random explo pot timers, and tell me where i can find the autochug option on razor which automatically chugs cures when poisned and heal pots like scripts do

ill make a video showing scripts which can easily do that. scripts which lines are being able to be implemented in steamuo 1:1

Malkraven

Grandmaster
also u can check for system messages with uosteam still but you cant clear the journal can you? so it will always pick up the "keyword" and act accordingly i have not really tried to use this function but that was my understanding

so if you had a pot macro set to throw on 1 it would detect any 1 in the journal and toss instantly?

i am sure its more than poss using both if you have the know how but cant you just use easyUO or other cheat programs anyway if they are inclined to cheat??

i dont think everyone should suffer for a few kids that cant play w/o cheats

Last edited by a moderator:
Hahaha loving it Haly.

Uzz UZz, looking forward to your video of UO steam throwing expo pots with random timers. #TitsOrGTFO