Forums are so nice without Bobby

Lexington

Grandmaster
Members only area....

The Trashcan:
Warning: The opinions expressed in this thread do not necessarily reflect the views of the UOF Staff. Reader discretion is advised!

Last edited by a moderator:

Trojandrew

Grandmaster
tbh the pvp section is basically a rant/rave, ya people fight after a lost battle, but thats to be expected, its when they take it too far and become pestering/obnoxious that it gets to toxic levels or just becomes a 'you suck we rock' rehash

other than that the staffs doing a great job keeping the spillage into the other threads clean or contained

Bomby

Grandmaster
lol i killed him on his MoM Dexer a couple days ago, and he had the most insane loot, he recalls in with 2 others and they chased me a full rotation around the world of Britannia, para ganking me to no end. I swear, hes relentless, they didnt stop chasing for 20 mins. his guild should be 247 seeing his is on that much. it's a fun game tho :D overall tho, hes a top tier player imo

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
Honestly we've tried rants twice already.
So no, not until certain people in this community get their shit together.

I'm all for rants and flames, but even player vs player banter is leaking out all over the forums lately.
Certain players just can't handle it.

As the recipient of the prestigious @Deadpool Forum Lifetime Achievement Award I feel qualified to mod something like this:

-invite only - I'm the only one who can invite
-anything goes
-report a post in there and you're banned from it
-I can (temp)ban people
-I can move shitty posts or threads there
-I'm gay

I'm the shitty forum mod we deserve

E: this is all assuming mod functions can be done from phone

Last edited by a moderator:

Kilike

Grandmaster
Honestly we've tried rants twice already.
So no, not until certain people in this community get their shit together.

I'm all for rants and flames, but even player vs player banter is leaking out all over the forums lately.
Certain players just can't handle it.
Very easy soultion then. Make it blocked to new players. It should take a required amount of posts. This doesn't need to be a large amount. 40-60 posts should do. This keeps the toxicity from new players, and if it spills out start handing out perma bans without warning. I'm sure we can all agree a place to joke,call each other out etc is well worth the trade off.

As I'm on the forums more than game as of late, I'd have no problem helping moderate forums, others have offered as well. There's really no downsides to this.

Could offer a ONE time grace period to those who let it spill out to other subs with a warning (5day ban). If a system isn't in place to track this I could help set one up.

EDIT:
Well I mean I get both sides I guess. Rants and Flames is good so people who normally are disruptive and cause issues can have a spot to go vent and be the way they are but the big con is that it looks bad that the forums would even need that section. It looks bad to newer users to see that there's a section devoted completely to toxicity.

Easy solution here as well. Instead of a Rant/flame sub(as that title sounds bad) Change the current PvP Sub with the suggested idea above, as that's what it is right now away.

Sent from my SM-G900P

MANKRIK

Grandmaster
Also, threads that get out of hand in other sections of the forum could be moved to R&F instead of deleted/locked. Sometimes major server events (guilds quitting, etc) are chronicled in these threads and then they just disappear and pass into folklore. It'd be nice to archive all this stuff.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
I am pretty certain there will be a few sticks of dynamite planted under the rails which carry this thread. Just wait..

U-Haul

Master
woZL9TO.gif