Get rid of Ethys and put back in mount fatigue

Schmitty2364

Neophyte
Ethys are cheap (in gameplay fashion) and ruin the flow of the game and the look of the game. Being able to pay 10 dollars to get something you can sell for over 100k ruins the economy here.

"No mount fatigue" ruins all pvp on this server as it just turns into "lets chase this dude around for 45 minutes and hope he hits a tree and we dont.

If you really want to leave easy mode horses in you really need to put bolas back in.

IMO everyone riding around on a phantom animal looks pretty lame

*Edit* If people really want ethys then they need to make changes.

first of all there should be a cool down timer for using it (cant get on and off as you please), second of all it should cost mana to summon it or it should have a very slow mana drain when you are on it.

Paying 10 dollars for a perma mount that stealth thieves can exploit or sell to deteriorate the economy is no good for anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

halygon

Grandmaster
First of all ethys are cheap (in gameplay fashion) and ruin the flow of the game and the look of the game. Second being able to pay 10 dollars to get something you can sell for over 100k ruins the economy here.

Second of all, "no mount fatigue" ruins all pvp on this server as it just turns into "lets chase this dude around for 45 minutes and hope he hits a tree and we dont.

If you really want to leave easy mode horses in you really need to put bolas back in.
I fully agree on all three points, but here's the deal.

This shard is not a PvP shard, the staff focus on new and casual play players as opposed to veteran ones. Changing out a cash cow like ethys just so PvP is better will not happen, period.

Bola's won't happen either because again, this is not a PvP-centric server so all changes end up going towards new content like dungeons, events, etc. Can you imagine the general panic on this shard if bola's were introduced and folks would have to actually fight instead of run to safety?

Schmitty2364

Neophyte
I fully agree on all three points, but here's the deal.

This shard is not a PvP shard, the staff focus on new and casual play players as opposed to veteran ones. Changing out a cash cow like ethys just so PvP is better will not happen, period.

Bola's won't happen either because again, this is not a PvP-centric server so all changes end up going towards new content like dungeons, events, etc. Can you imagine the general panic on this shard if bola's were introduced and folks would have to actually fight instead of run to safety?

Hahaha I know right? It would be great. Yeah I feel ya tho.

Im at the point where I will NOT even give chase. I'll just let them come back to me when they heal and then wtf drop em.

Btw I edited my post to add some stuff

Ive seen them say bolas will never be on this shard and honestly im just a dexer no alchy and i have no problem chasing people down at all, and i dont like the adding mount fatigue cuz regardless you can still run either that or if someone runs then your mount gets tired to makes no sense, mount fatigue will not solve people running. There are more than enough people on this shard that will stay and fight. As for the ethys im glad that you can buy the dye for them now cuz it does look lame but even before that i always had wolves to ride on, just cuz i think they are way cooler. I dont think they ruin the economy considering ive been on this shard almost a year now and the market for ridable animals is still good. And with night wolves and night bears coming out and im sure there are more things on the way i dont see the marker fading for those either. Sorry for my tired ramblings just my 2 cents lol.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Ethies do not ruin the economy. Their value is held just the same as any other donation item.

Ethies do make mount fatigue an impossibility but we can have player fatigue instead to achieve the same general goal of combating runners.

Mana drain suggestion is ridiculous and doesn't do anything for anyone. Straight dexers don't need mana so you're going to punish mages? Strongly disagree.

Mana to summon doesn't solve much aside from nerfing stealth pk's but a simple reveal would accomplish that and should be in place. I would be fine with mana to summon but that wouldn't effect runners who are already mounted one bit.

Sure ethies look kinda goofy but honestly what doesn't look out of place? It's UO.

Bolas? No. Hell no.

You seem to forget that this game is old and nearly all who play the game are adults now. Easy mode is the name of the game, it's the foundation which UOF was built on. Low barrier to entry regarsing resources and skill gain. Risk that and you risk thr death of a server and a decrease in the influx of new players which are essential in keeping UOF alive.

Hate to sound like a prick but when you've played here more than a month (I'm assuming based of foum acct age) then you will understand better why these suggestions would make UOF a more hardcore and less casual server which is to no ones benefit.

halygon

Grandmaster
Bromista is mostly right about this.

But mana drain would actually affect dexxors more than mages in afraid. Mages have meditation to recover.

If I mount a ethy, use all my mana and then go into a fight, I will probably die (cause I don't run). Mana is required on a dexxor to survive a Mage dump.

Bromista

Grandmaster
YOU DON'T NEED MANA TO SURVIVE I SURVIVE DUMPS ON MY DEXXERS BY OFFSCREENING ON MY OP ETHIES.

EASY MODE.

Lol I kid, but yeah some dexer templates will never need mana. While mages are equipped with faster mana regeneration it won't mean a thing to a straight dexxer who only uses mana to recall off a scroll. But really in the end it would just punish everyone in a way that doesn't make any sense. Why would running drain man- you know what nevermind. Bad idea.

The only argument worth making is that UOF has an old school ruleset with many modern conveniences because AIN'T NOBODY GOT TIME FO DAT. Ethies are a much bigger benefit to UOF than any of us probably realize.

Garet Jax

Grandmaster
Ethies do not ruin the economy. Their value is held just the same as any other donation item.

Ethies do make mount fatigue an impossibility but we can have player fatigue instead to achieve the same general goal of combating runners.

Mana drain suggestion is ridiculous and doesn't do anything for anyone. Straight dexers don't need mana so you're going to punish mages? Strongly disagree.

Mana to summon doesn't solve much aside from nerfing stealth pk's but a simple reveal would accomplish that and should be in place. I would be fine with mana to summon but that wouldn't effect runners who are already mounted one bit.

Sure ethies look kinda goofy but honestly what doesn't look out of place? It's UO.

Bolas? No. Hell no.

You seem to forget that this game is old and nearly all who play the game are adults now. Easy mode is the name of the game, it's the foundation which UOF was built on. Low barrier to entry regarsing resources and skill gain. Risk that and you risk thr death of a server and a decrease in the influx of new players which are essential in keeping UOF alive.

Hate to sound like a prick but when you've played here more than a month (I'm assuming based of foum acct age) then you will understand better why these suggestions would make UOF a more hardcore and less casual server which is to no ones benefit.
They could do like on osi in the latter eras, make ethy stamina deplete over time as you run then only recharge while sitting still on the ethy.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Oh that was a thing @Garet Jax? Makes sense, it's not impossible after all guess I shouldn't have said that...except for in regards to ability to be fed. I guess dismounting and remounting could act as feeding an ethy to full or something like that. And how did that stamina regeneration compare to a regular mount while resting?

And @halygon I really only meant benefit in terms of general convenience as well as retaining both new players and veterans.

For the vets we don't have to piss around with mounts as much and can enjoy spending our time engaging in more fruitful and enjoyable tasks. Kinda goes without saying I know you understand that. Same thing goes for new players (to UOF or UO altogether) but probably applies double to them because ethies relieve many headaches that might be major hangups for them. So ethies could possibly be keeping those players engaged and further sucked in to UOF more than we realize.

Bromista

Grandmaster
Haha right on.

I guess stating the obvious was less for you and more for the naysayers even thought it was addressed to you. Hence the "stating the obvious" edit.

Schmitty2364

Neophyte

Bolas? No. Hell no.

Clearly do not know what you are talking about or you would realize this is actually way harsher on dexxers as their mana is lower....

Also I dont think you understand how an economy works. Its pretty clear from everything you said that your perception is skewed

And lmfao at the account age bull****. Seriously go **** your self. I have been playing Ultima for years and years from the very first day it launched and have played on EVERY type of server possible. So stop trying to judge people you know nothing about based on nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bromista

Grandmaster
Boy you really handled this with dignity didn't you?

If you've played on every type of server and have done so for years then do yourself a favor and act like it. Clearly UO is not for you if you still haven't gotten it after all this time.

Turd.

Clearly do not know what you are talking about or you would realize this is actually way harsher on dexxers as their mana is lower....

Also I dont think you understand how an economy works. Its pretty clear from everything you said that your perception is skewed

And lmfao at the account age bull****. Seriously go **** your self. I have been playing Ultima for years and years from the very first day it launched and have played on EVERY type of server possible. So stop trying to judge people you know nothing about based on nothing.

i think he was talking about your account age on this server lol not how long you have been playing uo ...

Bromista

Grandmaster
Disregard. This guy must be high as hell.

Some people cry for having things eliminated from the game that cannot simply be removed. They don't understand what they are talking about and immediately spit venom at anyone who disagrees even if they provide solid reasoning against a poorly thought out and impossible suggestion.

Schmitty is one of these people. Note how in his defense he just went straight on the attack and offered 0 logic or reasoning in support of his idea that was just thoroughly shot down. That's the last ditch effort of someone who lost and has no other card to play.

Schmitty2364

Neophyte
Boy you really handled this with dignity didn't you?

If you've played on every type of server and have done so for years then do yourself a favor and act like it. Clearly UO is not for you if you still haven't gotten it after all this time.

Turd.
Wtf are you even talking about? I should act like an ignorant 5 year old throwing around preschool insults because someone called him out for not understanding how things work?

Nah... I'm straight on that.

I think you have some issues you need to go work out because you are way too upset about being wrong. Oh wait a second I figured it out... You are reacting this way because you use ethies and realize how "easy mode" it is (your words not mine) and then realize that you probably would not be nearly as good if you ever had to actually stop and fight instead of running all day.

That said I have not played with you so I cannot judge you on that or say that it is true. But If I had to guess, that would be my guess.

Also: You really dont know how an economy works... lol. I cant even take anything you say seriously at this point after you failed basic comprehension on how an economy works. You're a joke man. I bet you complain about stat loss like a little girl watching her pony get shot.

Schmitty2364

Neophyte
Disregard. This guy must be high as hell.

Some people cry for having things eliminated from the game that cannot simply be removed. They don't understand what they are talking about and immediately spit venom at anyone who disagrees even if they provide solid reasoning against a poorly thought out and impossible suggestion.

Schmitty is one of these people. Note how in his defense he just went straight on the attack and offered 0 logic or reasoning in support of his idea that was just thoroughly shot down. That's the last ditch effort of someone who lost and has no other card to play.

What the hell are you talking about once again? None of that is true and infact your whole exposition relates 100% to how you are acting not me. You even brought up complaining about things getting changed. You will notice that you are the one complaining about the talk of change not me. Have you even read your posts? Filled with childish insults wrong information gloating and some sort of ego you feel you deserve while talking on forums about a really old game.

You literally just did everything you just said in that post. look at your last 5 posts directed at me alone.

Get help please

Schmitty2364

Neophyte
i think he was talking about your account age on this server lol not how long you have been playing uo ...

Which does not matter in the slightest as my forum account is not linked to my game account and having played on most servers would matter as it is called experince