Gold accesible from all chars in an account

Moccy

Neophyte
I would imagine that "deposit"ed gold would be fairly simple to combine into a single balance across all characters on an account. Gold sitting as checks or raw stacks i imagine it would be a lot more difficult and probably not worth the effort.

bane

Master
Get a house. Secure a chest. Bingo.

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk
It is really just a laziness tax. One that I would gladly pay (= if it were a gold sink feature. Maybe limit it to linking two characters. I have a house and plenty of secure containers and such but I am also lazy.

Xombie86

Master
We're playing the closest emulated original version of UO. Not Diablo III. Its not being lazy its being a noob and not experiencing UO for what it is. Another option for you is to make a 2nd account and share your "bank" that way. I remember back in the day turning on transparency and sharing my goods in a bag in the local town Inn within my single account... yeah its a risk but its what you have to do. Dealwithit.

Xombie86

Master
_Deal_with_it_dog.gif

We're playing the closest emulated original version of UO. Not Diablo III. Its not being lazy its being a noob and not experiencing UO for what it is. Another option for you is to make a 2nd account and share your "bank" that way. I remember back in the day turning on transparency and sharing my goods in a bag in the local town Inn within my single account... yeah its a risk but its what you have to do. Dealwithit.

So you're against it because it's not experiencing UO as it originally was?

I got news for you...this ain't UO as it originally was, bub.

Xombie86

Master
I said closest emulated thing... regardless, its not how UO is anyway. If you can't figure out how to share gold throughout your characters go play something else. It isn't rocket science.

Jager

Grandmaster
[quote="Xombie86, post: 160207, member: 5237"i remember back in the day turning on transparency and sharing my goods in a bag in the local town Inn within my single account... yeah its a risk but its what you have to do. Dealwithit.

Sent from my C5155 using Tapatalk[/quote]
Lol I used to do that all the time and just sweat until I logged on.. Any kind of lag would make me panic haha

I said closest emulated thing... regardless, its not how UO is anyway. If you can't figure out how to share gold throughout your characters go play something else. It isn't rocket science.

You're doing a wonderful job of not coming up with an answer besides "no".

Xombie86

Master
How about there is more important things to worry about? What else do you want? Trammel? I'm sure the maintenence team isn't interested in making a diablo 3 bank system for you and the op.

How about there is more important things to worry about? What else do you want? Trammel? I'm sure the maintenence team isn't interested in making a diablo 3 bank system for you and the op.

You don't have a legitimate response to my question, so I must want Trammel.

How is all characters on an account being able to access all of the gold on said account even problematic for anyone? How does that effect your gaming experience?

Also, you may notice that I didn't ask for it, I simply asked why it's a bad idea. I still haven't gotten even a half-assed response yet. It's OK, I don't really expect one.

I love how when people disagree here the go-to response is to basically call them a "trammy".

Xombie86

Master
It was never implemented into the game and hopefully never will be. People will abuse it and it takes away from the game. The biggest problem I can see is people exploiting it and duplicating currency thus ruining the game. There is alternate means to access gold across your accounts. What more do you want to be told? Make your own goddamn server with your brilliant dreams.

It was never implemented into the game and hopefully never will be. People will abuse it and it takes away from the game. The biggest problem I can see is people exploiting it and duplicating currency thus ruining the game. There is alternate means to access gold across your accounts. What more do you want to be told? Make your own goddamn server with your brilliant dreams.

How do you think people would dupe gold? I'm sure there are countermeasures that would be put in place to prevent such things.

How else do you think it could be abused?

And why are you so hostile? I'm just asking why people are dead set against something. I'm not asking for it to be implemented, just trying to suss out the reasons why you and others don't want it. So far you're answers don't convince me that it's a bad idea.

Xombie86

Master
Let me counter your endless amounts of questions with a better question: why do you want it?