Gold Sink: Safe Trade Area Fee

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
To go hang out, do trades, and whatever else in these zones (like the Docks) there should be a fee to enter.
This would be a sink idea and to know that you are paying your way out of risking losing items (unless scammed).
Amount to be chosen by staff

wreckognize

Grandmaster
i don't like this idea. new players are the ones who really benefit from the safe trading area. etc. etc. etc. my opinion is that the duel dock mechs are part of the success of the server so i think it's fine how it is.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Thieves are broken and op here, and script stealing makes it worse. Docks at the only real counter to that, trying to charge for them is just going to hurt young players like wreck said.

fix thieves, stop script stealers, then remove docks!

sampsonized

Master
Thieves are already OP the other day a powerscroll disappeared in my bag before I even had a chance to see what it was...scripted stealing takes no skill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Thieves are already OP the other day a powerscroll disappeared in my bag before I even had a chance to see what it was...scripted stealing takes no skill

same thing happened with me on a relic, i was thinking there could be a short 5 second timer for a player to be able to protect himself if he was smart enough to. that way theives would still catch a break here and there when it comes to uninformed players. I'm just saying if you have the skill you should be able to prevent it. few seconds to recall or throw it in a locked box at least.

sampsonized

Master
same thing happened with me on a relic, i was thinking there could be a short 5 second timer for a player to be able to protect himself if he was smart enough to. that way theives would still catch a break here and there when it comes to uninformed players. I'm just saying if you have the skill you should be able to prevent it. few seconds to recall or throw it in a locked box at least.

My plan was to immediately throw it in a separate bag and I was watching my inventory like a hawk I didn't even have time to target it.

The Gandin

Grandmaster
Yeah, why charge for a safe zone? Kind of defeats the purpose of it being a safe zone if you have to pay to use it. Might as well charge to trade using the bank box too.

Malkraven

Grandmaster
5 sec is a bit long thou a thief would have hard time getting anything people just hold it in the cursor mayb a cpl of secs to counter the auto steal

wreckognize

Grandmaster
not everyone is smart enough to make good use of that 5 seconds. thieves will still get the PS from newbies.

Players should be able to fight champs right till they drop and still be able to protect their time investment if they're skilled enough to.

im cool with even just 2 seconds tbh.

developers say anything can be changed and changed back if it doesnt work, well, lets try this out. Lets try having some stealing protection around the docks gates as well, lets get it in this month.

Sewer Rat

Journeyman
I like this idea. Remove the ability to trade at the docks and create a separate area for "secure" trades. 10k minimum... though im thinking more like 50k. That way the piddly ass trades get done outside and the REAL trades can be conducted in a safe manner. Don't like it? Use a house vendor to put the item on, trade over a table like we did in the old days, or MAYBE use the reveal skill or reveal spell and make sure there arent any shiesty people around you. I mean cmon, this is UO... We all have a prefrontal cortex, dust that shit off and use it. Think ahead and do not be a victim. Seems more then fair to me considering a secure trading area NEVER existed in this game to start with.

As for the scripted stealing...yea, that is some stupid ass shit and people need to get the ban hammer for it.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Sorry this idea only hurts new players. Any value you set will be to little and meaningless for some and way to much for others. New players are the ones who need the protection of such an area because they don't know any other safe guards and they would be the ones who don't even have 10k to pay entry.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
I don't care about a serious new player. I care about a casual who may turn into a serious player which is way less likely to happen when they get scammed out of 90% of there wealth in one trade. At least now is that happens it is likely they will find out about the docks and know how to avoid it moving forward. With your suggestion they will find out there is a way they can spend a large portion of their wealth to avoid it and just have it take that much longer for them to get established.

Sorry this is a tax the poor situation and in no way a good idea for uo economics.

Blaine the Gypsy

Grandmaster
The ONLY reason why the dock area exists was because of the PVP pits and the chance to gear up for them without bother. How is avoiding a charge from an NPC vendor bad for UO Economics? Do you even know what an economical system is complied of? Free of death, free of any negative acts, both are not part of the UOF Economical system. You as players choose to wuss out and not do trade via vendors and have THE RISK that is supposed to BE THERE in the game completely avoided by an area that most likely doesn't even need said properties anymore dude to the redefinition of the battle/script/duel systems.
Please I want a report on my desk here pronto at least 350 words of how the dock system is needed and is part of the "economics" of UOF.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
Although sadly I am a strong STRONG supporter of gold sinks and think there should be more. This idea simply targets the wrong people. Any fee that is the same for a new players as it is for a player worth 50m+ is either not going to be effective or is going to hurt that new player dramatically.