Greetings from Texas

AngryDwarf

Hello everyone!

I am new to UO. I have read and heard about it from multiple sources over the years and it always seemed like an interesting game. I like the fact that is so open and tough! So I finally took the plunge and found UOF through Google searches and Reddit threads. Plus, just poking around a bit at the different communities and you guys have the feeling of a nice community of people to game with so here I am.

My current character is named Odrich. I mostly mine and blacksmith with him, I find myself kind of enjoying the simple grind of tradeskills. I will probably make another character that is more focused than he is though... I have made some missteps already by skilling up in too many directions at once. Haha! Plus, I have been doing lots of wandering/running around to explore different places getting as far as Vesper from Britain.

I want to thank the random archer that warned me near the mines of Minoc about how that area could be very dangerous. Also the guy on the blue beetle who gave me a bag full of shovels to use once I gain more skill. Oh, and not to mention the guy at the Britain bank who gave me a random Ettin statue. I appreciate you all and feel very grateful for your gifts/words. I just can't remember your names and I am very awkward with using the UI still... so I didn't know how to look them up!!

It's a pleasure to be here and I hope to have the chance to adventure and chat with as many of you as possible! Onward to day 3 in game and more mining!

SLAYER

Neophyte
Hello everyone!

I am new to UO. I have read and heard about it from multiple sources over the years and it always seemed like an interesting game. I like the fact that is so open and tough! So I finally took the plunge and found UOF through Google searches and Reddit threads. Plus, just poking around a bit at the different communities and you guys have the feeling of a nice community of people to game with so here I am.

... I will probably make another character that is more focused than he is though... I have made some missteps already by skilling up in too many directions at once. Haha! Plus, I have been doing lots of wandering/running around to explore different places getting as far as Vesper from Britain.

Welcome to UOF. I too like the fact that the game is open ended and tough. It really is the best game, the quintessential MMORPG.

Skilling up in too many directions isn't a problem because you can click the arrow next to a chosen skill in the ALT+K Skill menu to drop them down by setting the arrow downwards. When you hit 700 total points they will drop down when you gain other skills you want.

I just can't remember your names and I am very awkward with using the UI still... so I didn't know how to look them up!!

CTRL+SHIFT = Show bubble names of everything on screen (especially good for seeing items)

You should also make a hotkey button for "All Names". You can do that in the in-game macro menu through the Paperdoll options tab or through Razor -> Hotkeys tab -> Misc -> All Names

AngryDwarf

Thank you Slayer! I appreciate the help and knowledge.

I will try to make that All Names macro tonight while I am mining some iron ore.

Have a good one and maybe see you in game!!