Grey screen on launch (Not Responding)

Slice N Dice

Grandmaster
It's been doing this everytime I've tried to launch today. I can't get on and nothing on my computer has changed.
Any idea what could be going on??
Anyone else getting this?

Alrich

Neophyte
This just happened to me. Downloaded and re-installed the client. No change. Any one got any ideas?

Dear future readers directed here from Google,

Let the game screen load for five or ten minutes. My UO screen was grey, so I left for a few minutes and ate dinner. When I came back I was able to log in and turtle slap some monsters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alrich

Neophyte
I guess resetting your router wont hurt, but I'm doubtful that it'll help.

Mine used to freeze up on launch each time I loaded it. After re-installation, the problem persisted.

Frustrated, I let the frozen grey screen hang on my computer and went out to dinner. When I returned the game had loaded and I was able to log in.

The game has worked correctly ever since.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
He already posted in another thread that that fixed it. Its a DNS resolution issue after the router cache gets full.

Sent from Baja 1997 - ICQ 12013388

He already posted in another thread that that fixed it. Its a DNS resolution issue after the router cache gets full.

Sent from Baja 1997 - ICQ 12013388

i cant log in again now, even with the router reset.

same old freeze, cant even get to the log in screen, freezes at the grey

Alrich

Neophyte
My client just did the grey lock out. I am only having issues here, the rest of my internet connection is fully functional. I'm going to step out of the room and reset my router. I'll post with an update in just a second.

Alrich

Neophyte
Ok. So, first off, when the client goes grey like it is, I have an extremely difficult time shutting it down even when using the task manager. This time, for instance, required I reboot my whole computer.

Either way, after a computer reboot and a router/modem reset, my client still turns grey on launch and I cannot reach the log in screen. I'm going to let the screen hang like this for a few minutes while I go read the baby a night time story and see if it launches.

Alrich

Neophyte
That may well have been the problem. I am playing now, I turned my computer off for the night and came back the next day and it worked.

Thanks for the input