Guards in wrath event zone?

Dupster

Apprentice
Not quite sure about this one, there is a mass invasion going on yet if you attack another player / steal etc you can still be insta guard whacked.

Would have thought no guards until invasion is over at least?

Thoughts?

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Not quite sure about this one, there is a mass invasion going on yet if you attack another player / steal etc you can still be insta guard whacked.

Would have thought no guards until invasion is over at least?

Thoughts?

It's nice to have an event that isn't instantly zerged by one of the guilds; I think that might be the thinking.

It's an event everyone can take part in.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
No one said anything about eqms.

I was joking ;)

When the guards are turned off on these events, EQMS has come through with 8-10(aka. 30+) reds and kill all the blues. Then with no blues to farm the spawn, the spawn gets out of control, and the reds are forced to leave sort of ruining the event for everyone.

My idea to add consensual PVP to the events were to add a smallish area of the event town that would flag you grey when you enter(like bucs or khaldun) but would give you like 3x the increased drop rate of crystal fragments. Thus if you go there to farm, you have a chance at getting attacked freely for an increased chance of getting a crystal fragment.

Everyone shit on the idea because since I submitted it all we heard was "YOU JUST WANT EQMS TO BE ABLE TO FARM CRYSTALS AND EBOLT PEOPLE 40v1" or some other emotional response. In reality it would allow people to do the event with a little more excitement/PVP/rewards while still allowing those who want a purely PVE event to have their pure PVE event at the same time.

Tac0bell

Grandmaster
I find it pretty damn dumb too... But oh well if that's what people want to play UO for, go for it...

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Simple solution to deal with reds killing in town, adjust the code of the spawn so they prioritise any player with a red name over blues and make inside the guarded area, no cut.

Simples..

Darkarna

Grandmaster
So... blues can't have guards, but reds get a no-cut?

lol?

I really can't see you providing a solution? You might wish to try and provide your take on something similar which keeps everyone happy.

You are obviously very new to UOF...

Last edited by a moderator:

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
To be honest, I haven't showed much attention to the event aside from acting as a cleric to young players, or sailing up to sink some boats in the bay.

The whole thing is causing a serious lack of CTF. =\