Guilds.

I believe something should be done about the two or three guilds dominating the server with massive numbers.

A simple fix would be limiting the number of players allowed per guild. This would force people into smaller guilds making more wide spread PvP and less 10 man crews running dungeons.

Also make the party limit smaller making large groups harder to run. I think most of the population would agree 2v2s 3v3s and 5v5s are much more rewarding than 10 man ganks squads running around random dropping one spell each and killing 2 randoms running around trying to pvp.

Jongi09

Master
What amazes me about this game is how little people evolve.

I got nailed in my earlier days here at all the hotshots. I gradually worked out how to escape in those areas or to avoid them entirely.

Dont get me wrong, I still get caught regular, especially on my squishy tamer, but rather than work out how to avoid being ganked in the field, people ask for it to be banned.

The only area where I have sympathy is champ spawns. The amount of times I've been with a few newbs working my way to the end only to have one of the big guilds come in and steal it is a real shame and something almost impossible to defend against.

That must cause GM's headaches. Because unlike dungeon pvp whereby when you work hard to escape you keep your loot. In champs, you can waste hours for little reward. I stopped them for that reason. No idea if there is even a solution!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I rarely PvM so PvM isnt really what I was worried about. Im talking about the fact that with a group that big really all it takes is for everyone to load a lightning or a small spell. Which kind of takes all the fun and skill out of a game that is supposed to revolve around skill. Thats why its so simple to GM and there is a 700 skill cap. So that instead of being time and Item based this game actually requires skill to play. But when your PvP in a 10 man group fighting against 2 or 3 guys are a time. Well that kind of takes the skill out of it and ruins the game for a lot of people. What Ive noticed since coming back to this server is that the ENTIRE server is basically two guilds fighting each other.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I rarely PvM so PvM isnt really what I was worried about. Im talking about the fact that with a group that big really all it takes is for everyone to load a lightning or a small spell. Which kind of takes all the fun and skill out of a game that is supposed to revolve around skill. Thats why its so simple to GM and there is a 700 skill cap. So that instead of being time and Item based this game actually requires skill to play. But when your PvP in a 10 man group fighting against 2 or 3 guys are a time. Well that kind of takes the skill out of it and ruins the game for a lot of people. What Ive noticed since coming back to this server is that the ENTIRE server is basically two guilds fighting each other.

There no skill in PVP... the only 2 things that take UO skill in PVP are alchy dueling and group fight calling, neither of which youre talking about here.

Get a group together and join the fight... defeat your enemies who you hate and then drink their tears when they come to the forums to cry.

HellGuy

Adept
I believe something should be done about the two or three guilds dominating the server with massive numbers.

A simple fix would be limiting the number of players allowed per guild. This would force people into smaller guilds making more wide spread PvP and less 10 man crews running dungeons.

Also make the party limit smaller making large groups harder to run. I think most of the population would agree 2v2s 3v3s and 5v5s are much more rewarding than 10 man ganks squads running around random dropping one spell each and killing 2 randoms running around trying to pvp.
You should try playing diablo. Your post clearly shows you have no intention of playing MMO.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Not to mention that if you want small fights, find some people and set them up -- either in the pits or a remote location. If youre crying about dying in the field to UO(be it to ganks or otherwise) I have to ask, if this is your first week in the game?

Modus

Master
you cant fix the nature of ultima online.

I know. Everyone has lost something, everyone lost their nerves playing this game at least once. But you got to learn to love that - it is a tough game, not like WoW and shit like that.

Deadpool

Grandmaster
Call me Captain Deadpool since I need a ship to sail through all these tears every time I venture into this section of the forums!

Psyc420

Master

Yummy.

CarpeNoctem

Novice
Lol @ this thread. Everyone will max out guilds and all roll together in groups of guilds. Everyone is in TeamSpeak, Mumble, Skype, etc. anyways...

Stop crying and learn how to hotkey recall, or make some friends.

/endthread

Damn all this hate. Im not crying nor am I even mad. I just personally prefer a more diverse pvp with smaller groups. I havent died once to another player since I started playing a week ago. Then again I havent PvPed either. :p It was just a suggestion/opinion not sure why you all decided to flame the thread so bad.

LoNE WoLF

Master
Anything regarding pvp on these forums no matter what section it's in or intention of the Op is usually instantly blown up :p