Happy New Year!

Yeaginator

Just joined up a little while ago and thanks to nostalgia, I'm getting back into the game. I started out on my older brother's account and eventually was able to talk my mom into using her card to play monthly out of my allowance. I'm now 29 with 2 kids and a wife of my own and I'm trying to finally finish out my degree so this will more than likely cause my GPA to drop at least a little bit. I just lost my "young" status last night and I'm running archer/provo to start and messing around with one or two more characters in the meantime.

All my characters are named something close to my forum name so I'm easy to ID and I spend most of my time in Despise with the ettins and earth eles. Haven't had any problems with PK's just yet but I'm sure it is only a matter of time before I get hit.

A few questions to start out with since I'm still pretty new:

What other spots are good for a newer player to grind at?

Trade skills worth doing? Right now I have a char working on inscription, another on blacksmithing, and my main on bowfletching since he's an archer.

Last, is there a status about how many hours you've played and what the total skill level is on you account? I'm interested in purchasing a house and I saw the requirements are 24 hrs in game with at least 1200 skill points to place one. Not sure if that extends to purchasing or just placing.

Thanks for the warm welcome from the guys that have helped me out so far and thanks to anybody that decides to say hello back!

Medais

Novice
New players typically hang out in Despise or Shame. If you're at 100 provo, most mobs in these dungeons can be handled. If you're not gm provo, I would ask someone if they can make you a run to the bard table in Deceit. I would but I am at work ATM. You can have up to 9 chars so most ppl will have 2-3 crafters to take care of what they need. Not a lot of money in crafting from what I can tell but there is good money in mining and lumberjacking. You would want to bring those skills to 120 though to get the benefits for sale. Plus you can use the ingots and wood for your crafting characters. Or sell them if you choose. Typically you're not going to have crafting skills on your farmer, aside from lumberjacking due to the dmg bonus against monsters.

Once you GM provo many mobs can be handled on this shard. I would recommend bringing it to at least 115 in the future for really high end mobs. You can start playing with Liches in Deceit and other areas once you gm provo. Better drops than gold; skill scrolls ect.