Head buy backs

Weland

Grandmaster
So a guildmate of mine was killed while red and then he got killed again while getting his stuff. So he did the I wish to buy my head back and was told he only had 1 head outstanding (for a lack of a better description). He buys it back then bam 10 seconds later he is stat loss.

I'm not sure if this would be considered abuse of the mechanics or just a clever scam however either way it is kinda of silly.

I purpose some possible changes:

1) If you buy back 1 of your heads the rest are decayed. Not a big fan of this one but hey.

2) Reduce the turn in timer from 10 hours.......you could kill some one and then stat them the next day. That is not very well thought out imo. Reduce the turn in timer to 1 maybe 2 hours. You have the head you know if you are going to stat them or not. You just need negotiation time not something you can hold over some one for half a day almost or into the next day.

3) When you state that you request to buy back your head it should show you have 1 in possession of said person and 1 or 2 unclaimed, meaning in a box, bag or on the floor some where. Caveat to this is if it is locked down in a house or in a container within the house, the owner of the house is shown as the owner of the head.

We of course will take this a lesson learned but I personally feel that this was completely shady and should not have even been available as an option.

Noticemyname

Neophyte
I think as soon as someone cut's your body, it should pop up to both players personally. That way, both people are committed to the negotiation almost immediately instead of someone cutting your head with a macro set, and keeps it and runs around for two hours. If you cut my body you want to negotiate. We've had 2v2's, 3v2's where one red drops and someone is casting spells and my body is cut and head is picked up almost instantly. The fight should all be said and done with, go cut the body, and figure out the terms etc.

VeryCoolCat

Apprentice
I think as soon as someone cut's your body, it should pop up to both players personally.

It would be hard to negotiate price of a head in the middle of a battle.

They knew they had two of your heads, so they sold you one and statlossed the other.

However there is a solution... stop being red.

Noticemyname

Neophyte
It would be hard to negotiate price of a head in the middle of a battle.

They knew they had two of your heads, so they sold you one and statlossed the other.

However there is a solution... stop being red.
That's why i'm saying to do it right away. So you can't sync, chase down the other guys and run a macro to cut,pick up head and run. I'm proposing that if you cut someone's body and pick up the head you're ready to negotiate right than and there.

kurtis

Grandmaster
That's why i'm saying to do it right away. So you can't sync, chase down the other guys and run a macro to cut,pick up head and run. I'm proposing that if you cut someone's body and pick up the head you're ready to negotiate right than and there.

What you are suggesting favors the red way too much. When a red dies, the first thing they do is have their friends help get the head back or jump on another char and defend the chopped head as quickly possible. If the dead red can stall out the negotiation on one account while they call in backup or just jump the person on another char...and the other person is hamstrung in the rest of the battle because of this buyback negotiation.....it's just silly. If someone killed a red, chopped the head, and picked it up, then they should get the leeway of negotiating when the battle has calmed and they are safe.

As for the OP, I haven't had this happen to me but I have thought about it before while I was ressing my red at Bucs and wondering if a stray would come by.

Option 1 simply will not work period. It allows for abuse. You just re-kill your red using a char on an alternate account, buy back the head for 1 gp, and the legitimately chopped head disappears.

Option 2 or 3 could work. Personally though, I like the mechanics. If you die as a red, there's uncertainty to if and when you will get statted (if the negotiation fails). I personally re-gear and go back out and hope for the best. Sometimes I never get statted. Other times I do and I just recall home. Luckily, I've never been in battle, but I think it would be funny if a group of blues timed it so that I was out PKing again and then tried to drop me. Bravo to them for pulling that one off.

The truth is that a red should not be so quick to res up and dive for his or her corpse. If you are ressing up and desperately trying to get your loot back, you deserve the risk of a second head being out there.

Messremb

Grandmaster
The truth is that a red should not be so quick to res up and dive for his or her corpse. If you are ressing up and desperately trying to get your loot back, you deserve the risk of a second head being out there.
^^^ This^^^^

you should only ever rez your red in a location you feel safe you wont get rez killed. if you are to eager to get back into the battle this is an issue you will face.

if you play it safe you wont have this issue.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
I dont see the point of having the option to negotiation or stat last longer than 1hour... why does it take 10 hours to decide what to do.

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
Well, I've gone onto irc and advertised that I'm offering to sell person's head back at reasonable rate and they log on and buy and everyone wins.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
NO ONE SAID IT WASN'T KARL

well sir I apologize but it seemed like you were saying a one hour window to stat was insufficient because sometimes people rage log and you use IRC to contact them.

I prostrate myself before you and beg your forgiveness for my misunderstanding

Fattson

Grandmaster
When I die on a red, I log off, smoke, and make a bacon samich. I die often and enjoy bacon, so it's a system that works well for me. I do the whole thing until all reds are statted or all of my bacon is gone.

Weland

Grandmaster
Because shitty reds auto-log/rage-log when they die.

Then they take the stat loss for being butt hurt. I think dropping the turn in timer should take an honest review. Maybe meet in the middle and make it 5 hours or 4 so it doesn't impact a players on the following day.

I also think you shouldn't be able to hide some one's head by putting in your bank or locked down at your house. If you do the phrase to buy it back and your head is locked down in some one's house then it acts as if it was in their inventory.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Why would it take anything but an hour to buy your head back or be statted... anything beyond that is used to grief a player, or hope he logs before you turn his head in so he gets statted.

the whole stat system sucks ass and should be done away with. (this hasnt happend to me yet)
i get home after working 5 days and now i wanna enjoy a little pvp, so i solo red for 5mins and run into a zerg guild insta statd , done for the whole weekend on lets say a fave char. next weekend i guess ill pay 101k to noob zerg guild so that doens't happen to me ever again. anyone who supports stat supports getting ganked by 10 or more players...