Hello from Sweden!

andreassonP

Hey all,

Just wanted to say hi. Since my daughter was born, I've been feeling nostalgic. One day when I was randomly googling, I stumbled upon an interview with Richard Garriott concerning an eco-system he tried to implement in UO way back when, so I decided to see if there were any private servers with an actual population. Lo and behold! UO Forever has an even more active population than the OSI servers did when I quit, maybe 15 years ago!

So I set forth making a character, and I've had so much fun since returning.

I started out with UO in 1998, when I was 13 years old. Stumbled upon a roleplaying guild and spent much of my time roleplaying. I also spent a lot of time in the Faction PvP game during 2000-2002 or something like that. All of this on the Europa server. For those who remember RP on EU, I was in CF (Custodes Fati in Spiritwood), and spent most of my RP time in the "Duchy of Trinsic" playing the Duke's bodyguard.

During the years, I've done most of everything in UO, from PvP (was never really good, but hey! There's need for cannon fodder everywhere), played a "gentleman PK" who made sure to res and gate out and such. A lot of PvM in the early champ days. Spent an infuriating amount of time getting to 120 taming (I see that's still an issue!), and I've probably GM, or 120:d every skill that's useful in the game. At times I roleplayed and at times I was hardcore into the theorycrafting and optimzing everything in PvP or PvM to get that edge (which I needed since, as I said, I was never all that good!).

During all of this what really kept me returning was the sense of community and the people you got to know.

I have no idea how much I will be able to play (life, work, daughter etc) and gaming is the lowest of my priorities, but what little time i play, it will be a blast!

So far I have to thank the powers that be for allowing AFK macroing. It's the only way I could do this. I did spent an undecent amount of time AFK macroing skills in OSI UO as well, but that was always with a risk.

Eventually, I will be trying to find a guild (I've seen that there's an actual RP guild based in Trinsic so that feels close to home!) but for now, I'm just trying to find my feet.

So, if you see a Cicero running around: say hi!

Edwin Fox

Novice
Welcome back Andreasson! o/

I also came back to ole Britannia after almost 20 years later, and have been playing it since the weekend. I still don't know how much I could play on a daily, weekly basis, but I know it will be fun nonetheless.

I always lobed so much this Ultima games' mystique... since the NES versions I used to play a lot when I was a child.

Good adventuring for us! pal!