Hello to all! Except City..

lunarpig

I have been playing for about 2 weeks now. I am totally in love <3I found a great group of people to pvm and just chill with if anyone out there is willing to maybe help me develop my pvp I am all yours! .. welp I just wanted to say hello to everyone and I hope to meet you all out in the field! Also thank you to Elroy (Morkani on twitch) and many others for helping me get on my feet..and finally Big up to the group that keeps kliing my newbs in lvl 1 dungeons.. you fuel my hate fire...city.. sobs...

lunarpig

Why... Why do you keep killing my newbies who are just trying to get big and strong ...Why!? Im just saying.. someone owes me a gargoyal pickaxe with 13 charges... Dam monsters..

lagoulis

Neophyte
Yeah i don't understand why people kill someone that is trying to level up. It is not like there going to get anything. I guess people are clowns in real life and in the game. Anyways welcome to the shard. I love all these people. This is the best server around by far. Not bad.

KoldesLives

Journeyman
Personally, I don't kill afk macroers. I do agree with you in letting someone train up their char. I'd much rather fight someone on the battlefield fully powered in a fair fight. :)

However, we've got a big guild, so if you see a few people do it, it's not necessarily a reflection upon the entire guild. That said, people often criticize us for the very same actions that happen to us (I can't tell you how many times my afk chars are killed, how many times I've been rez killed, how many times I've been zerged) so I would recommend not necessarily holding that criticism for any one particular guild.

If you need a few thousands gold, a horse, some mark scrolls, or a helping hand as you get started, let me know. I'm happy to help out and potentially counter some of my goodfball guildies killing ya :) Welcome to the shard, it's amazing, and I am just as addicted to it and in love than ever before!

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
However, we've got a big guild, so if you see a few people do it, it's not necessarily a reflection upon the entire guild.

Yes it is.. It's very much a reflection on the guild. Take care of your business better.

(I can't tell you how many times my afk chars are killed, how many times I've been rez killed, how many times I've been zerged) so I would recommend not necessarily holding that criticism for any one particular guild.

If your guild didn't have such a poor reputation you'd find your alts may get over looked occasionally. Yours is also not the only guilty party there also...

I like you Koldes, but to suggest that your actions (which are often quite good), or those of your guild (when they are PK'n tmappers, and noob's trying to level up) should not be reflective on your guild, is truly ridiculous. Anyone who carries the guild tag is a representative of their guild, and if the guild is willing to forgo quality in its members, for quantity in its membership, then they are condoning those actions as a reflection of their guild.

KoldesLives

Journeyman
If your guild didn't have such a poor reputation you'd find your alts may get over looked occasionally. Yours is also not the only guilty party there also...

The last sentence you just said is the point I was trying to make.

Despite our "poor reputation" we have an excellent alliance with another guild, plenty of great relationships even with our opponents, very loyal and happy members, and people request to get into our guild nearly every day. My argument was that a "poor reputation" isn't warranted unless you're doing things that all other guilds don't do - and to my knowledge, we don't do anything outside of the normal realm of UOF. Tmap PK'ing could be one exception since I don't know other guilds doing that, but, I support our team doing it. If you don't have a tmap permit then you are trespassing and need to be removed from the map and your loot handed over to the City government. :)

When I train up new characters and get afk killed, all do not have tags on - my deaths have not been due to the City tag. So, implying there's a consequence I pay for my tag based on my guild's deeds is making an inaccurate assumption.

Anyone who carries the guild tag is a representative of their guild, and if the guild is willing to forgo quality in its members, for quantity in its membership, then they are condoning those actions as a reflection of their guild.

I'd agree with that in a general sense. I used the word reflection which has a slightly different meaning than represents or representative. My point was, if 1-3% of our guild does something, is it genuine to describe our entire guild as such? No. To me, that's just an over simplification to generalize an entire group of people one already dislikes. If 1-3% of our guild are amazing PvPers and kill a VANQ or GOAT guy in a 1vs1, would you say that all of City are the best PvPers on the shard? Of course not.

I feel that my argument has been distorted so I'd like to repeat it - Although some of our members may do things that you/OP do not like, to assign that specific criticism to just City when everyone does the action, is silly, and reeks of personal bias.

I like you Koldes

Right back atcha, buddy! You were one of the first people to reach out to me when I first started and did an Introduce Yourself post and helped me a lot in Nov 2017. I now do something similar (like this thread) and have even recruited new players out of here, investing in them and helping develop them. If you ever want to PM about all of the great things City does (instead of us completely hijacking this thread further!) let me know. :)

Last edited: