Help IRC log ( Register)

P0sie

Neophyte
Hello, it took about 1 hour trying to register in the IRC but do not understand how: S

Help pls :(:(

Denniz

Neophyte
Courtesy of Greatlakesdad and i quote ""

"It's a chat room. Head to the UOForever home page and you'll see it under community. This will take you into the mIRC chat room. once in the chat room you can type "/msg NickServ YourChatName YourPassword [email protected]" (without the ""s) to register a nickname an password and be sent a confirmation email. The IRC is a good place to buy things you're looking for, and rub elbows with the various deviants that occupy the server."

it took me a bit to understand it and this helped :) :)

Jager

Grandmaster
everytime i do this it sais "Unknown command Jager. "/msg NickServ HELP" for help." when i put my chat name(jager) in that spot

Truth

Novice
These instructions are INCORRECT. The command you use is "/msg NickServ Register" (Hit Enter/Submit) /msg Nickserv (Password) (Email)

Took me an hour to figure it out after people told me incorrect commands.

Avaton

Novice
To register your nickname on GeekShed, you must first be using it. If you are not currently using it, change to it with the command:
/nick <nickname>

For example:
/nick CrazyUser

Once you are using the nickname, you may register it in one of two ways. If you’re using GeekShed’s Flash client, register your nick from the “Options” menu at the top of the window. In most other clients, use the following command:
/ns register <password> <e-mail>

Note that some older clients do not recognize the abbreviated /ns syntax. Instead you must type out the full command:
/msg nickserv register <password> <e-mail>

For example:
/ns register supersecretpassword [email protected]

Following this, you will be sent an e-mail giving you the details required to finish off the registration. Follow the instructions in the e-mail.
Each time you connect and start using the registered, you will be told that “This nick is owned by someone else”. You must ‘identify’ to it using the following command:
/ns identify <password>

For example:
/ns identify supersecretpassword