Hit% Increase for Berserker Talisman

Ludwig

Grandmaster
Maybe 1% increased hit chance per level up to 10% on top of the 5% damage/level bonus? The general consensus seems to be that this is the jank talisman on account of having no armor and whiffing ALL the time like everyone else. Thoughts?

bane

Master
Maybe 1% increased hit chance per level up to 10% on top of the 5% damage/level bonus? The general consensus seems to be that this is the jank talisman on account of having no armor and whiffing ALL the time like everyone else. Thoughts?
If it can be limited to only monsters easily and apply to defense talisman as well or maybe defense talisman gets 2% per level to make up for decreased damage I like it. Main thing is that it doesn't bleed over to PvP or make berserker talisman the only choice.

Arch Enemy

Grandmaster
+1. Hit chance is abysmal even against the weakest creatures. I once missed a normal skeleton in Deceit something like 8 times in a row. I don't even care if they don't increase the % with a talisman, just lower the wrestling of shitty useless mobs. It's so annoying when I'm like "Ok, I'm gonna kill this big tough mob, but first I'm gonna kill all the small, little, easy mobs around it so they don't bother me while I try to kill the big mob" and then it literally takes me like 10 minutes to kill a few hell hounds or skeletons or some shit. Like wtf, there's no reason I should EVER miss against a zombie or something so easy like that.

If they do give a % increase to hit to berserker talisman, I think a good compensation for the defense talisman would be an equal increased chance to dodge melee hits from monsters.

The insane whiff rate is literally the reason I stopped working on my dexer talisman and started working on my mage talisman. It's so goddamn frustrating missing so much and having to run and heal 30 times because it's taking so long to kill stuff that you could kill in 2-3 hits if you could actually hit it.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Ya look at the invade score. I think it's pretty clear how good dexers can be.

Still, the constant whiffing can be frustrating for players. Maybe we could look at the idea of lowering mob weapon skill across the board, and just increasing their hit points.

Same time to kill overall, but at least players could feel like grandmasters.

You could also lower mob resist across the board as well, so it would keep mages, dexies and tamers at the same level they're at now.

Kilike

Grandmaster
Still, the constant whiffing can be frustrating for players. Maybe we could look at the idea of lowering mob weapon skill across the board, and just increasing their hit points.

Same time to kill overall, but at least players could feel like grandmasters.

You could also lower mob resist across the board as well, so it would keep mages, dexies and tamers at the same level they're at now.

No point in this thread. People have been hit over the head with logic in past posts about how often dexxers miss, and this is still there stance. Meta dexxers are "op" so obviously nothing is wrong with them.

meta talismans are already OP as hell, why make them more OP?

If your meta pet missed even half as much as dexxers do, you'd know why this change has been asked about for months.

Ludwig

Grandmaster
Ya look at the invade score. I think it's pretty clear how good dexers can be.

Dexers shine at raids and events because there is little downtime and it's easy to rack up points when something else is holding aggro. Or the monster is weak enough for you to take some beating from.

Otherwise? There is a pretty fat slice of upper tier monsters that non-bard dexers are *never* going to be able to tackle solo. Wasn't that the point of talismans? To bridge the gap between tamers/bards and, well, everyone else when it comes to PvM?

For what it's worth, this isn't a mage vs. dexer conversation. Mages clearly get the very short end of the PvM stick but it sounds like Inscription/slayer changes are on the way?

eppy

Grandmaster
Talismen were not meant to make them equal to tamers. They were meant to make them competitive with them in champs and complement each other. A berserker and defense team with a mage healing would wipe the floor with 2 tamers.

Kilike

Grandmaster
Talismen were not meant to make them equal to tamers. They were meant to make them competitive with them in champs and complement each other. A berserker and defense team with a mage healing would wipe the floor with 2 tamers.

Soo 3 metas will beat 2 meta tamers? Cool I guess

Again I couldn't careless if I'm competitive with tamers. Just fix our hit chance already. This was once a subject you backed 100%

Sent from my SM-G900P

Young Star

Grandmaster
At least look at improving it so you don't miss so many times in a row. Whatever generator is used to determine hits and misses gets really streaky. However it only seems to get long streaks of misses much more often the ones of hits.

As for dexers and the invasion board, as soon as the majority of spawn changed to ogre lords, artic OLs, and mages their score per minute tanked. Those 3 monsters have some of the lowest hit chance of the game. Of course that didn't slow down the meta mages since they won't fizzle and the those monsters don't resist the spells much if at all. Also since those 3 hit so hard definitely gave tamers a chance to catch up. My dexers in full repond suit with 65ar still got hit for 20 by an ogre mages punch. Doubling down with an armored swampy gets them manageable when alone but it still takes a lot of swings and refresh pots to kill them because you miss so much.

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
Stealth archer chiming in here. As a build that is used for combined dungeon pvm/pvp with no area attack or mob control, anything that helped HCI and or decreased the wrestling of smaller mobs would be wonderful. as @Arch Enemy so gracefully pointed out. Small things can add up quickly. Hell my best friend whom played some uo pre fel was totally turned off by the amount of misses on easy monsters when i tried to get him playing here. THOSE WHIFFS THO.......

Ajaxe

Novice
I have to agree wholeheartedly with this. You hit GM weapon skill, tactics, and anatomy, and I still miss a mob 9 times in a row? How the heck does that happen? I totally agree with adding it to the talisman, or adding a power scroll up to 120 where the last 20 poiints only affects pvm, similar to LJ. Would be a great addition.

Sephid

Master
Totally agree with fixing hit chance... Doesn't really need to be part of talismans imo. I am so tired of long miss streaks and the feeling of missing more often than hitting.

hit whiff whiff hit whiff whiff whiff hit hit whiff whiff whiff whiff hit hit hit whiff whiff.......... Thats what its seems like to me for low end and high end mobs. A bit frustrating and even more so when using LJ dexer with slow axes. Turn some of the whiffs into like 2-5 dmg or something. Anything gotta be better than constant missing even with GM skills, well fed, full stam, and fully repaired weapon all the time.

Personally i would even sacrifice a little damage for more hit chance

Other than that no other complaints from me :D

wreckognize

Grandmaster
ya man, i did a bunch of tetheran warriors last month. They die in two hits, but you miss them nine times in a row pretty often lol

i dropped swords for fencing just so that the odd time paralyse blow from a spear would keep it from walking away redlined into other mobs

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
GM Fighting skill, GM Tactics, GM Anatomy, Eat lots of food, Overly repair weapon, As warrior equip weapon, As Archer equip weapon NOT Supremely Accurate, get attacked by mob of rats and slimes, and mongbats..........Ask mob if it likes that smell as you , WHIFF ALL OVER THEM MOTHERFUCKERS.

HEH> :) ;)