Honey, I'm only logging on for 15 mins...

Fotsvett

Neophyte
Im just saying that Im doing some important work. When she asks how much I have left, I say "I dont know, it shouldnt be so much more" then she falls asleep :)

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
Yep. It breaks down like this:

Work: Actual: 8-9 hours. Feels like: 20 hours
Sleep: Actual: 6-8 hours. Feels like: 10 minutes
Family time: Actual: varies. Feels like: Depends. Are the kids behaving?
The week: Actual: 5 days, sometimes 6. Feels like: 1 month
The weekend: Actual: 2 days. Feels like: 1 day
UO time: Actual: varies. Sometimes 2 hours, sometimes 5. Feels like: ten minutes go by, then I hear *wife says sleepily* "Honey, come to bed it's 4:30am!!!"

QuietRiot

Novice
Yep. It breaks down like this:

Work: Actual: 8-9 hours. Feels like: 20 hours
Sleep: Actual: 6-8 hours. Feels like: 10 minutes
Family time: Actual: varies. Feels like: Depends. Are the kids behaving?
The week: Actual: 5 days, sometimes 6. Feels like: 1 month
The weekend: Actual: 2 days. Feels like: 1 day
UO time: Actual: varies. Sometimes 2 hours, sometimes 5. Feels like: ten minutes go by, then I hear *wife says sleepily* "Honey, come to bed it's 4:30am!!!"

Spot on

AlyM

Grandmaster
Oh what I've heard a hundred times...
"I just need to get my BODs..."

three hours later I ask "Wait, you were just getting BODs wtf are you doing now???"

Bromista

Grandmaster
The BODs. Alllllllways starts with the BODs. Next thing you know I'm checking the donation vendor or a rare tamable spawn and the wife says "that doesn't look like a BOD"...

Shit. Busted.

kyleakira

Master
Yeh! that happens to me! Honey, in 30 mins we can have dinner (after 1 hour...) Let's eat. erm.. She already had dinner! ok.. I'll take dinner alone.

I tried to invite her to play UO, I've trained her char but she seems not be fully bewitched with the game.

I think we should make a thread for those who get divorced by the game, rofl.

Decreamos

Grandmaster
I've been guilty of setting my alarm at various hours throughout the night to catch an idoc. Oh the shame when at 330am when she gets up to pee and I'm sitting there staring at a house. "You really woke up for that?"

halygon

Grandmaster
The BODs. Alllllllways starts with the BODs. Next thing you know I'm checking the donation vendor or a rare tamable spawn and the wife says "that doesn't look like a BOD"...

Shit. Busted.
I hear ya, but with my wife, she is still used to me IDOCing and "Checking on my houses". She doesn't know anything about UO other than I used to log on for like 30min - hour every so often to check all of the statuses of my "houses" ie.. my IDOC books. To this day when I am logged in, she still thinks that all I do is "check on houses" and when she is upset she tells me that my houses are more important to me than she is.

I don't even IDOC anymore!

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
I hear ya, but with my wife, she is still used to me IDOCing and "Checking on my houses". She doesn't know anything about UO other than I used to log on for like 30min - hour every so often to check all of the statuses of my "houses" ie.. my IDOC books. To this day when I am logged in, she still thinks that all I do is "check on houses" and when she is upset she tells me that my houses are more important to me than she is.

I don't even IDOC anymore!

That's too funny. I can imagine my own wife saying "all you care about are the doll houses you play with online!" ;)

Magpie

Adept
How my twice a week 3 hour UO sessions usually happen:

"You gonna Ultima tonight, honey?"
"Yep, you gonna watch Netflix tonight?"
"Yep"
"Okay"

:D

Lexington

Grandmaster
Wife: "Honey, I just started contractions"
Me: "ok, I'll tell the guys I can only play for a few more minutes"

I still hear about that one 14 years later.... dooh

Even better!!

Wife gets home from work: "Hey dear what did you do today?"
Me: "Nothing much but our 1 1/2 year old son went for a walk with the dogs, on his own. No worries the neighbors brought him back. Dogs are still missing tho.
Wife: "what the hell were you doing?"
Me: "humm"
Wife "that game is going to cost you your marriage!"

Last edited by a moderator: