How Long Did It Take You To GM Taming?

TooLong

Master
Just started my tamer and I've been trying to get a feel for what kind of time commitment I've just made.

If I put 2 hours a day of highly optimized taming training in... How quickly can I expect to see GM?

If it's going to take my 6 months at 2 hours a day I'll probably just stick with my Provo/Archer.. If I'm looking at a matter of weeks then I think it's worth the time investment.

Thanks!

VFingerDiscount

Grandmaster
At 2 hours a night you should expect under 2 months I'd say. Plus your hunting may yield a few taming ss and you'll have the gold to purchase more if you get bored

SERENITY NOW!!!

halygon

Grandmaster
You can also just wait until the holidays and then spend some serious time on it. When I worked from home last year, it took me about three weeks of "working" (aka taming during the day) to get to GM on my old tamer.

TooLong

Master
I was planning on putting some extra time in on it during the weekends. (4-6 hours a day)

How many hours a day would you say you spent focused on training?

TooLong

Master
Awesome, thank you.

That's the info I've been looking for.

I'll keep a pretty detailed journal of my time spent taming and try to put together a a solid metrics based guide after I've completed it.

halygon

Grandmaster
Awesome, thank you.

That's the info I've been looking for.

I'll keep a pretty detailed journal of my time spent taming and try to put together a a solid metrics based guide after I've completed it.
After you are complete, make sure to put a good write up of it in the Guides section as it could definitely help other soon-to-be tamers.

Asiza

Expert
I have been working on mine for a year...don't have the dedication I suppose. But I my green thumb is coming along nicely .

Bunnky

Grandmaster
A week of steady 8-12 hour taming sessions, but that's when you could actually find bulls. I dungeon tamed too. No scrolls used.

Tarena

Master
im at 94.2 taming now and i started 2 months ago.. if i had to guess i would think that i have spent atleast 20-25 hours training my taming. though with the slowdowns post 90, im guessing itll take another 10 hours before im gm :p

Tarena

Master
just GM'ed taming last night and immediatly ate 14 skill scrolls.

rocking 114/115 taming/lore now and am loving life :)

those last 6 levels were killer, but once i found a couple bull spawns it went REALLY quick

FYI: bull spawns i used were:

Spawn 1 = South Serpents hold stables (1)
Spawn 2 = Central Serpents Hold Stables (1 - fast spawn)
Spawn 3 = Jhelom North island stables (2, normally just 1 tho, slower spawn)
Spawn 4 = Yew East Stables (2, sometimes people gated in 20+ bulls, so could really get gains going fast from retames)

When there were no bulls, i would head to fire dungeon and tame the hell housecats and lava lizards.

halygon

Grandmaster
Lame, guess it was lost in the whole forum fiasco :(

Basically I peace/tamed everything. Scorpions in Shame til about 80, then fire dungeon hellhounds, hellcats, lavalizards to 91
You can use the way back machine to find old threads and re-create them.

Tarena

Master
As a quick FYI, here is where the Lava lizards and hell house cats spawn. there are plenty enough there to tame non stop.

only danger is the imps to the north east (which can also be tamed!) and the one demon that spawns at the north west of the circle i drew, but you can either avoid him or cast a couple EV to kill him!

9FfZdBk.png