How many would still play UOF if Trammel Mechanics were removed?

How many would still play UOF If Trammel Mechanics were removed

• Total voters

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
Yes, all these things that made UO fucking kick ass. Keys and runes to houses also, no runebooks. Mega slow skill gain was great too, nobody knew how good another person was most of the time. Made for so many interesting fights.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
So, no reds in town, add in perma stat loss for reds at 10% per death, and reds can't buy from vendors either?
Cause no perma stat loss, allowing reds in town, and all is pretty trammy imo.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, all these things that made UO fucking kick ass. Keys and runes to houses also, no runebooks. Mega slow skill gain was great too, nobody knew how good another person was most of the time. Made for so many interesting fights.

I agree, was great. However for a game this old, the majority of players are much older now, and do not have the time to invest initially.

Every Grind up/hard to "end game" server has completely failed honestly.

What we are doing has worked totally, and is still working strong.

You're looking for old age T2A type.
It's a bad concept to take in, in this day of age.

Everyone is too accustomed to easier time investments, and i don't blame them. I originally wanted to make UOF a T2A server, but honestly every single major T2A server has died within a year, but mostly much less than a year.

This game has a harsh learning curve as it is, there's absolutely no reason to make it more harsh and problematic for the average player.

Kael

Master
Depends on how far back. But I would love to play with those rules again. Hell, I would sign up just not to have to see neon matching outfits and meta pets !

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
Ok, in all reality I enjoy what this server has to offer. Minus say a few things.
Perhaps more of a vent poll with a disheartening realization of the true wants of the many.

Salsa

Grandmaster
This server is great as is. Has something for everyone.

There are servers that do the things you are asking, that have insanely low populations, and have them for a reason.

MANKRIK

Grandmaster
The oldschool mechanics are fun for the "wolves" (PK's and thieves) and people who can play all day, but not as much fun for people who just log on for an hour or 2 a day after work to kill monsters and decorate their houses or whatever, which is probably the majority of the population. I think UOF has a nice balance at the moment. You can max out your character in a couple of days macroing and then go out and do what you want, you don't have to go through a month of grinding before you can even start playing. As someone who has spent the last decade playing various MMO's, I just can't stand the endless grinding anymore.

Personally I'd like to see lootable houses and no blessed items, but I think that would alienate a lot of people. You need the right balance of wolves and sheep otherwise the shard will be left with 10 people, and they will be the kind of scumbags who inhabit the cesspool we call the PvP forum.

Lkarn

Novice
Interesting fights you say.... i find it hard to believe that you would notice any difference considering that you run for your life when someone even gets remotely close to you :S

Skickat från min SM-G925F via Tapatalk

Draullerga

Neophyte
When I got back I honestly didn't go in town or use vendors because I always thought the rules were as such hahaha

PS bring back tents

Mango

Grandmaster
People are very aware of all the 'crappy' things that were introduced with Trammel, however I feel like the good things are often forgotten.

Runebooks, removal of perma stat loss, reds allowed in town now, BODs (dislike all you want, but you all use runics), more land, more dungeons, custom housing, faster gains, more pets, and then custom content like talismans, meta pets, improved naval system, more craftable items, etc...

Given the current state in time, a 100% pre-tram server would be very bland, especially if you wern't a pvper (solo or zerger)

K A Z

Grandmaster
People are very aware of all the 'crappy' things that were introduced with Trammel, however I feel like the good things are often forgotten.

Runebooks, removal of perma stat loss, reds allowed in town now, BODs (dislike all you want, but you all use runics), more land, more dungeons, custom housing, faster gains, more pets, and then custom content like talismans, meta pets, improved naval system, more craftable items, etc...

Given the current state in time, a 100% pre-tram server would be very bland, especially if you wern't a pvper (solo or zerger)

your avatar is so good

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
Hey Neil Armstrong, oh sorry I mean @Lkarn aren't you the player with the YOUNG tag that was killing ratmen in despise with the vanq axe and full invul gear. OK, great input.

EvilAcid

Grandmaster
And I will be the first to admit i run from plenty of pk attempts right now. As a stealth archer it is challenging to fight back when one or two people are chasing you throwing lock on potions at you. I can't even stop to take a shot before a potion is flying or i am stunned. Hence some of my frustration's I will admit with recruiting. The guild is meant to be an attached unit to assist other blues and stealth attacks on pks. It is already hard enough to find people who would stealth archer as an anti. Most i have talked to want to pk. And then others i have talked to that are interested change their mind when they realize they can buy dono coins, pay a join fee to eqms and get right into end game content from the beginning. It is what it is i guess, so there's that.

OsoPooh

Novice
I would love the old system. When I first started UO back in 98 it was public for like 2 months on Great Lakes. I would love to see it come back. Back then when you GMed a skill it meant something.

Sent from my SM-S765C using Tapatalk

Tantreghan

Grandmaster
I feel this server is so far pretty damn perfect. Fixes needed here and there of course and new things added/expansions r great. I've been here for almost 2 years and I still have a Ton of stuff I want to accomplish in differant aspects of the game. I play fairly often but not hardcore so the balance seems good. Back to the original post I'm def more fellucia then tram, but this server does not feel like a tram server at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ludwig

Grandmaster
UOF is the best of all worlds.

What you want is a UO from another era and it's never, ever happening again.
-PvP is now Potion v Potion...that's the price we pay for Razor and Steam.
-Neon is everywhere because we need rares (I personally don't care about this one...not like people weren't dying some ugly hues back in 1999 with regular dye tubs).
-Brit bank safe zone kinda bums me out but the only people it really hurts are bank thieves and they are the lowest of scum. So no real loss there.

UOF has basically removed the worst parts of Trammel: a separate facet to divide population and a completely risk-free zone where you can't be looted, attacked or stolen from.

And, please, enough with the dono coins "pay to win" nonsense. That argument reigns so hard over at Reddit and it's like none of these people remember eBay. Surprise: you could buy gold on eBay allllllll day long in 99/00. Castles used to go for a cool $1000 USD, too. UO has ALWAYS been pay to win.