How to Gm Fishing Unattended

shenron

Journeyman
Can someone please help me with a macro for fishing to leave it unattended for hours? :) ty

Last edited by a moderator:

amonseti

Grandmaster
I think this is not allowed .. because it can produce resources or mibs potentially .. it was one of the "Grey" afk training . should find out if it is allowed or not just to be safe .

shenron

Journeyman
I think this is not allowed .. because it can produce resources or mibs potentially .. it was one of the "Grey" afk training . should find out if it is allowed or not just to be safe .

Yeah , I just verified with GM and he said that fishing unattended is allowed, that fish isn't of value.

Messremb

Grandmaster
Its only if you are some how auto looting mibs that you will get in trouble. Otherwise all you get is worthless fish.

shenron

Journeyman
Its only if you are some how auto looting mibs that you will get in trouble. Otherwise all you get is worthless fish.

Thank you sir!

By the way, I'm looking to just leave this during the day while I work, is there a good macro that I should use to GM? Do I need a boat? Right now i'm at Brit docks just fishing away, just leave that on for hours?

Messremb

Grandmaster
That's probably safest. You could use a boat but you will probably get killed with all the new boat excitement. The other option is in one of the dungeons with water. But you will probably get pked there too.

Jager

Grandmaster
Thank you sir!

By the way, I'm looking to just leave this during the day while I work, is there a good macro that I should use to GM? Do I need a boat? Right now i'm at Brit docks just fishing away, just leave that on for hours?
Been a while but pretty sure u can only get to a certain level from shore, 80 maybe? , then u need to be in deep sea, so a boat us needed, but like I said it's been a while since I fished.

shenron

Journeyman
That's probably safest. You could use a boat but you will probably get killed with all the new boat excitement. The other option is in one of the dungeons with water. But you will probably get pked there too.

Yes, I thought about the dungeon approach as well. By the way, when I run the fishing macro, eventually it says there are no more fish.

Do you know of a proper way to set the macro? Like do i have to record walking to a different side of the dock and doing the same thing?

pacrsfan

Master
I macro'd all nite at brit docks.it says no fish but after awhile fish come back.think it took 3 nites to gm

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
If you are going to macro on shore, you will need to set it up so you walk along the coast (or water banks) when you get the message "the fish don't seem to be biting here" (using an "if, then" prompt). Resyncing the client is needed as re-targeting the water (even after setting it to "relative location") doesn't work. If none of this makes sense you will need to have someone meet up with you and go over all the things to set up with Razor (if that is what you are using).

It's definitely NOT like macroing hiding on a 10 second loop and walking away for 8 hours. It'll take a little more work, but you can set it up. The best way would be to simply do it on a boat. It would be easier to put in the command of "forward one" every 4 seconds and never run out of fish. Of course you will have to make sure the ship is on an "infinite" straight shot. The other problem is, of course, pirates and the oddball water elemental out there that will kill you when you are away.

shenron

Journeyman
If you are going to macro on shore, you will need to set it up so you walk along the coast (or water banks) when you get the message "the fish don't seem to be biting here" (using an "if, then" prompt). Resyncing the client is needed as re-targeting the water (even after setting it to "relative location") doesn't work. If none of this makes sense you will need to have someone meet up with you and go over all the things to set up with Razor (if that is what you are using).

It's definitely NOT like macroing hiding on a 10 second loop and walking away for 8 hours. It'll take a little more work, but you can set it up. The best way would be to simply do it on a boat. It would be easier to put in the command of "forward one" every 4 seconds and never run out of fish. Of course you will have to make sure the ship is on an "infinite" straight shot. The other problem is, of course, pirates and the oddball water elemental out there that will kill you when you are away.

Thank you very much guys!

This is what I was looking for :) though i'm a bit confused about the Re-syncing of client as re-targeting the water though. What do you mean about re-syncing?

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
When you go into Razor, under miscellaneous, there is an option to map "Resync client" to any button. When setting up a macro, you will find that after you move you will not be able to continue fishing (even when changing "absolute target" to "target relative to location"). Somewhere in your macro before casting again, make sure you add the resync into it and you should see yourself able to cast again to continue fishing.

shenron

Journeyman
When you go into Razor, under miscellaneous, there is an option to map "Resync client" to any button. When setting up a macro, you will find that after you move you will not be able to continue fishing (even when changing "absolute target" to "target relative to location"). Somewhere in your macro before casting again, make sure you add the resync into it and you should see yourself able to cast again to continue fishing.

I see, could you post a screen shot of how the razer macro should look like? Just so I have a better idea?

FingersFinn

Grandmaster
So essentially this is what you want to do:

1) Make sure you've mapped "resync client" to a button so you can press it as you set this up.
2) Get yourself a long stretch of water. Again, a boat would be much easier to do this with but will not work with these settings..
3) Record yourself double clicking your fishing pole, then clicking the water. Walk a little north, south, east or west, depending on what water you are near. Hit your "resync client" button. Stop the recording.
4) Go into the macro and change "absolute target" to "target relative to location".
5) Move the "resync client" to the top of the macro list.
6) Add an 8-8.5 second timer at the very end of the macro.
7) Add a conditional option of "if" and it'll prompt to insert a conditional after the wait period. Do "sysmessage" and type in the box "there don't seem to be any fish biting here" or whatever the system message is. Move this to above your movement command in the macro so that if there are no fish biting, you move!
8) Add "End" after all this. Check off loop. Try it out to see if it works. You should be able to tweak it so you can alternate between moving in various directions but start with this to see if you can get this down.

I think I got everything here and didn't miss anything. Again, it would be far easier to set this up on a boat as the commands wouldn't get so wonky.