How to make money?

Jazzy Jay

Master
Hi all!

I was hoping I could get some help. I have been playing for a little while now and was wondering how people amass so much gold? I have been grinding monsters (provo) as well as using my meleer to kill ratmen. It just doesn't seem to get me very far very fast. Is there a better way? ;)

Thanks all!

Firecrest

Grandmaster
The Emporium Trading Company is a premiere crafting guild that is one of a kind. We pay our members. Yes, instead of the other big guilds making you pay them for membership, we pay you to help us grow our company.

The company started as a string of vendors but as we opened more and more vendors we realized we couldn't produce enough to keep up with demand. So we started a guild for crafters of all types and we will pay you to help us produce products for the guild's vendors.

We also have a branch for our raw resources. For all the miners, lumberjacks and fishermen and PvMers out there we are giving you a network to sell your resources quickly to ready buyers with cash in hand.

Our crafters, to complete projects, will need resources. so our in-house supply gatherers can make plenty of money selling bulk regs, ingots, wood, leather, stone, scales, bone and others. It's a great way for a player to make money without constantly being ganked!

We are the largest retailers on the server. We own and operate 5 malls: The Mega Mall, The Yew Emporium, The Yew Bank Mall, The Yew Gate Mall and The Vesper Emporium. As well we also have vendors in several other malls. So we definitely have a significant market presence.

Instead of getting a vendor and waiting for buyers to come find your vendor, have you buyers ready with cash in hand anytime you need money. Join ETC!

Currently we are hiring:
1. Fishermen - Currently anyone willing and able to brave the high seas for rope and other riches from the deep.

2. PvM Gatherers - PvMers who are interested in making extra money on top of their normal loot by gathering Leather, Bone and Scales along with other resources.

3. Guild Merchants - players who are familiar with the marketplace and interested in joining the premiere trade guild in our retail department and have access to the most efficient supply network on server.

4. Guild Miners - Those interested in pulling valuable metal from deep within the mines of Sosaria.

5. Guild Lumberjacks - Those willing and able to cover large tracks of land in search for the rarest woods in the land and bring them back to the guild.

6. Guild Crafters - Those interested in the art of turning raw resources into finely fashioned equipment and supplies.

Requirements:
-Discord
-Daily activity
-A Strong Interest in Your Trade
-Head set for any pvm or pvp activity

Perks:
-competitive internal prices from purchasers.
-guild mall spot availability to any member interested.
-steady pay for Gatherers/Crafters.
-guild sponsorship for beetles and other equipment.
-apart of the ETc/.one./Sir Alliance
-quick wholesale restock system for vendor refills for interested merchants.

If you are interested plz post or PM Myself or Firecrest inDiscordThank you! And hopefully we can work together soon

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
So many ways to make gold you should focus on what you like. Character availability may make some tougher than others. Talismans are a fairly cheap alternative (if you get your own relics) to a tamer. In addition to the above crafting opportunities, here is a list if the various things I have done over the years:

RDA - relics, powerscrolls and RDA fragments - lots if competition and best with a group to lower the time investment.
Champs - usually going in often and not always locked down by single guilds - relic and powerscroll chances.
Monster of the month - relics, spellbooks, rare cloth and skill scroll drops. Usually busy spawns and some reds but can be worth it.
Bulk order deeds - requires some character specialization but almost free and can pay out well vs time invested.
Tmaps and mibs. Cheap to get hold of but require semi specific builds and some risk of piracy.
Buy/sell - keep an eye on discord and look out for cheap deals to flip for a small profit - packaging smaller lots into larger convenient bundles is often popular with the rich and lazy.
Good old farming. Get yourself a few books marked and hit up those spots you like - plenty of choice these days with new dungeons - skill scroll dropping mobs are always good. Just be sure to get in/out fast to avoid the reds in high traffic areas.

Edit - almost forgot dungeon altars!! Destard, Covetous lvl 5, and Hythloth all have mobs that drop crystals add these to the altars in that dungeon. 50 crystals spawns a boss that can drop a powerscroll or semi rare item and title scrolls. Anyone who contributed crystals to the altar also has a chance (linked to how many crystals added) for a relic. Relic is direct to your bank and you do not even need to be online when the boss dies.

Last edited by a moderator:

Josh D

Grandmaster
Just get 250k and give it to Archersnon, you'll see that guy around the poker table at night.

He'll pay you back , and then some, when he wins

kurtis

Grandmaster
So many ways to make gold you should focus on what you like.

I strongly agree with this advice ^

Once you get the knack of something and understand the niche, you can amass gold through just about any avenue. But you'll get burned out if you aren't enjoying yourself. I wouldn't worry about gold per minute calculations. Just have fun and try to master whatever you think is most interesting. The gold will come.

What type of provoking build do you have? Which monsters are you provoking? You should be in Khaldun or Asylum. Or recalling from spot to spot to the balrons, wyrms, etc. My provoker always made me boat loads of cash with very little up front cost.

Monsters of the Month, particularly shittier mobs, are unreliable for steady gold.

Snickle

Grandmaster
Switch from provo mage to provo archer. Kill stuff much faster.

EDIT: scratch that. Just realized slayer books exist now

Last edited by a moderator:

halv

Grandmaster
With a provo bard the arch ice fiends at Ice 3 are a good target. They drop massiv gold and some rares like hammer shards. For farming the them all you need a pack beetle to carry all this gold.