HP vs Str

mynameis

Adept
Hey I just realized Str + HP are not necessarily the same thing. I remember on OSI it was exactly str and then they changed it to a calculation to help other templates not need 100str. I forgot that until now but could be useful.

I tried using bless to test it out and it didn't work. Saw str/2 +50 online but the bless test put me at 111. Guessing its different past 100. Any one know where it comes from? And is there a bonus for have 100 str, or any stat? Heard there was, thank you.

Hey I just realized Str + HP are not necessarily the same thing. I remember on OSI it was exactly str and then they changed it to a calculation to help other templates not need 100str. I forgot that until now but could be useful.

I tried using bless to test it out and it didn't work. Saw str/2 +50 online but the bless test put me at 111. Guessing its different past 100. Any one know where it comes from? And is there a bonus for have 100 str, or any stat? Heard there was, thank you.

I haven't tested this extensively, but as far as I can tell, the "STR/2+50" formula is right for "base health". That said, the old "STR=HP" formula seems to also be valid when buffing/debuffing STR via Bless/Strength/Curse/Weaken spells (+/-11hp at GM Magery), Strength potions (+20hp Greater Strength) and Wizard's Hat (-5hp).

Source: A fresh character with 60 STR has 80 HP, I have characters at 90, 96 and 100 STR, they have 95, 98 and 100 base HP (STR/2+50).
Testing with the 96 STR / 98 HP character...
/w GStrength potion, he gets 116 STR (+20) and 118 HP (+20).
/w Strength spell, he gets 107 STR (+11) and 109 HP (+11).
/w Weaken spell, he gets 85 STR (-11) and 87 HP (-11).
/w Wizard's Hat, he gets 91 (-5) STR and 93 HP (-5).
...so you pretty much nailed it by yourself, only the difference in formula has nothing to do with being "above 100", there's a formula for base health, and another for buffs/debuffs.

Last edited by a moderator: