Huge stat loss for pet death

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yagyu

Adept
This seems like a terrible way to address those issues. It is not so easy to keep your dragons/pets up in just PvM in a deep dungeon, or against a high end paragon...add one mob, pk, or blue with bad intentions...and you could easily end up dead and both pets as well...I solo farm and I heal the hell out of my pets. I know if this was the case several months ago, I would have never got into taming.

"Why anyone would complain about this is beyond us." Everyone I have talked to that is a tamer is beside themselves, and I sort of agree. I dont see what is easy about getting to 120 taming...think of the time commitment it takes to grind from 50-120 taming.I n the past couple days, I have spoke to a bunch of people in both guilds I am in...and everyone universally complained. Seems odd we would get such a hostile response when it sounds a huge majority of the population here is "complaining"

For feedback, Id suggest tone this way down, find another alternative, or just make taming much easier to level. It sure is not fair to people who have spent a fortune on taming scrolls, power scrolls, and the pets themselves. 10 points is too much in my opinion. I think 1 point or 1% would be fair. 10%...100, 90, 81, 72...in three deaths?That would take about as long to get the stats back to max as a half a workweek. I think it may be too drastic. I barely have enough time to play the game as it is. It will be easier to just be easier to buy a new trained pet than to retrain.I think the 90% max to stat loss would help lots. I think that would be a fair compromise!

I think we could find a better option here, possibly something that would allow the pet to have a temp stat loss for 4 hours or something, online or offline. It would make sense that having such a powerful creature brought back from death would be a large undertaking. I think something that would force tamers to be careful with pets, without harassing them, is the answer. Even the 10% stat loss, at 90+ skills a pet will still be viable in combat and after the first death they can just go back to zerg tactics. But with 10% for every death, with no cap...whats the point of even being a tamer?

Surely someone has some better ideas=) I think a temp stat/skill loss of like 25% for maybe 2 or 4 hours, that would go away offline or online. People are not going to want to retrain pets every day!!!

halygon

Grandmaster
"Why anyone would complain about this is beyond us." Everyone I have talked to that is a tamer is beside themselves, and I sort of agree. I dont see what is easy about getting to 120 taming...think of the time commitment it takes to grind from 50-120 taming.I n the past couple days, I have spoke to a bunch of people in both guilds I am in...and everyone universally complained. Seems odd we would get such a hostile response when it sounds a huge majority of the population here is "complaining"
What does the difficulty of gaining points in the taming skill have to do with Pet skill loss?

Yagyu

Adept
It takes more time to get 120 taming than it does to get 4 7x gms in basically anything else, except poison. If they are going to greatly gimp the efficiency of tamers, then the huge huge amount of time/money/effort involved should be much lower. I wouldnt say risk vs reward, more just the reward should be worth the time. If dying several times lowers your gm skill pet to 70s skill and you have to spend another say 8 hours raising it to gm again...why should taming be such a huge ordeal when they are greatly nerfing taming? As I said, for me I would rather not play my tamer. I already do my best to not let them die, but I usually use my pets for pvm and pvp and it is really easy to lose a pet not doing any of the things they are referring to...ie champions, afk farming, afk multi toon pvp with pets on auto guard, etc...

In fire, for instance, it is so easy to get ganked and even a recall isnt gonna grab my pets if they are on a titan, or a paragon, or such...so a nerf that is suppose to hurt people who basically zerg pets and use them as fodder, but it is going to hurt someone like me who treats my pets like they were my real pets...yes I named them, I give them treats when they are good, and I feel bad when they die! But they do die, and part of the fun is trying to kill stuff like AW Paragons, and so much other stuff where something as simple as the mob changing targets while you are standing next to your pet, and one shot the tamer, and then there goes 10% stat loss? Anyway thats how I feel=) Gave my suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.