Hunting MiB's

Devastay

Novice
I'm wondering if hunting MiB's is still a thing. Including going for the treasure that they lead you to.
I used to do it on Rebirth and had tons of fun. I am having trouble remembering my skills that I took with me for my treasure hunter
From what I can remember this is what I used/would want to use now:

archery- 100
anatomy- 100
healing- 100
tactics- 100
fishing- 100
resist spells- 100 (for the krakens and other bullshit I may encounter)
magery- at least 50 for recalling back to boat and such.

I have a feeling I should want to incorporate hiding in case I am sailing don't want to be ambushed by PK's or monsters.
Any suggestions for my "build"?

Faytality

Staff member
If a pirate sees a boat they're most likely going to shoot it regardless if you hide or not. Plus if you plan of doing whirlpools you can't hide anyway. Having provo or a buddy with provo helps a lot, because those deep water elementals can be mean.

Madd Dogg

Master
yes you would, best bet is to make your fisher like you had with gm magery and then dual client with a provo/archer on the boat to help kill mobs when doing mibs, whirlpools, nets

go magery med fishing archery tactics music provoke, with this you can collect mibs, fish them up, and it will be a good base for doing Wp's. When you do whirlpools later if you decide to, you can bring alts to help out in other ways.

Guttersnipe

Grandmaster
i really just don't want to dual client. trying to figure a way to solo the seas
You can have characters that have nothing but hiding and fishing on them. It will help you get MIBs much faster. You can go out for a fishing adventure and never touch those clients until you have to remove them from the boat. Just kill everything with the character you want to play.

Devastay

Novice
go magery med fishing archery tactics music provoke, with this you can collect mibs, fish them up, and it will be a good base for doing Wp's. When you do whirlpools later if you decide to, you can bring alts to help out in other ways.

This looks great- I'm wondering though, does archery get a bonus from anatomy? If i were to take that build, what should my stats look like?

anatomy of course gives it, a huge bonus. it just is negligible when doing and collecting mibs. you can easily kill sea serpents with no anat. and when you do a mib you provo two mobs together with a daemon while casting ev's, so the archery is more secondary... i do 100 25 100

Devastay

Novice
with this build I can do more than hunt down the treasure effectively? I have never played many mages I'm curious as to why I would include 100 magery. expl- energy bolt into a heavy vanq crossbow bolt? Eh I know I'm full of questions- but I can't find many "guides" that answer many of the tactics on how I would combat anything. I like plain archery because it's simple but I also want to be efficient at what I do. So I can learn magery no problem

well i use it without any eval, so i dont' use offensive spells of that nature, the daemon guards you and the energy vortex's is what its all about. the provo handles the rest, throw on your xbow after you do those things and it handles the siutation. you won't last long against a deep water elemental without a summon.

not to mention gate travel is essential to hauling those heavy mib chests back. most of the time there so heavy they fall straight on the boat deck anyways, with this build i was easily able to solo mibs

Last edited by a moderator: