I have never played UO. Would it be unwise to start now?

Meta

Neophyte
Oh....derp. I got it running. I was not launching the correct file from the download. Thus, the adventure begins.

Edit: Connection lost on character creation. Now I can't connect. mfw.
its just testing your patients to see if you have what it takes. :p

Fallen Angel

Grandmaster
This game take me sea of fealling,another game dont did this:)
This is Mother of MMORPG this is FIRST MMORPG
Best of the Best
Full loot is awesome,But this game for hard player:)

ekedin

Neophyte
You're never too old or too young to start this game, kid. I'll tell ya what, this game blew my mind when I first laid eyes on it at 9 years old and it still blows my mind now.

EllEssDee

Master
I have never played UO. I would have been a little young for its glory days. I've played many MMOs but never UO. It always looked incredible but I felt a little intimated. The feeling of intimidation is even greater now but I still just want to get a taste of this game that I never had the pleasure of experiencing in its prime.

For someone who has never played, is it worth it to even bother being a newb or is there simply too much I've missed/don't know/can't learn? Would UOF be the right place to start? Somewhere else?

Thanks.

Everyone in this thread is jealous that you're getting to play it for the first time as opposed to everyone who's been trying to dry out the well for 15 years.

Nurayia

Expert
I played it first when I was 16, am 30 now and it makes me feel 10 years younger. So there... play it now, try it again in 10 years and see how it feels!

(just never try to compare it to other MMOs, specially WoW.. its like apples and oranges)

Babethoven

Grandmaster
Oh....derp. I got it running. I was not launching the correct file from the download. Thus, the adventure begins.

Edit: Connection lost on character creation. Now I can't connect. mfw.

u ever get it working bro?
if so shoot me a pm, i'll drop ya a care package :D nobody likes beginning fresh with nothing and considering you've never played I can only hope to give you some stuff to start out with to boost/enjoy your time playing this game and hopefully to play along with us as a community, i'll also fill you in on alot of helpful stuff to keep you here :D

Decreamos

Grandmaster
Yep, babethoven ill get in contact with you tonight and add to said care package

Sent from my LG-P714 using Tapatalk

alf0458

Novice
Everyone in this thread is jealous that you're getting to play it for the first time as opposed to everyone who's been trying to dry out the well for 15 years.

^ This.

If you are willing to take the time to read and learn about the game, and all of it's seemingly endless features..and believe me.. there's A LOT to learn.. you'll be awfully happy you did. It's easy to be intimidated, but in UO, the journey of trying new things out completely on your own, with no "do this next, and this after that...make money like this".. experiencing real risk when you recall in to a dungeon, and losing everything for the first time..... There's no gaming experience like it.