Idea: Archaic Treasure Map

cups

Grandmaster
IDEA:

A new type of treasure map called "an archaic treasure map" that is geared towards a group activity rather than your solo treasure hunter.

HOW IT WORKS:

This map would be dug just like a regular treasure map. The difference is the treasure chest would not be able to be lockpicked until all of the objectives were completed.

OBJECTIVES:

The objectives can vary. Some ideas I had were to make several waves of very difficult monsters that the group would have to work together to defeat. The waves would ideally take more than just one template to complete, meaning it couldn't just be rolled with 15 animal tamers. It would require tamers, meta dexxers, bards and a little brain power to defeat. Maybe after all the waves a big Boss could spawn as the final objective.

REWARDS:

Upon completing all the objectives the chest would be pickable by a GM lockpicker. You could even make us use detect hidden and remove trap if you wanted, but the rewards could include what the staff or developers feel is fair. Perhaps high end magics and large amounts of gems.. and things like rares, power scrolls or even rarely, a relic. Of course rewards are fully up to staff to determine.

Anyway that's just an idea I had as I sit here tonight before going to bed. If anyone has any ideas, critiques or criticisms fire away.