idocs

I understand idoc times to prevent several things, however if we polled or something could we look into say 2 hour random window this would drive pvp and people sitting there twiddling their thumbs. If you like this idea members like it. And gms please don't lock. Members don't flame we may b able to voice opinions.

Well just trying to compromise if you feel the same or if you like the 4 hours per idoc let the staff know like this original post

Skrypt

Expert
I propose the following:

50% of IDOC houses have a 4 hour timer + 4 hour random drop.
- Message reads "In danger of collapsing randomly"

50% of IDOC houses have a 7.5 hour timer + 30 minute random drop.
- Message reads "In danger of collapsing strictly"

This way both play styles are accommodated.

Veteran IDOC players & guilds will gravitate to the strict version that decays at a much more specific time. Culminating in an intense 30 minute window of PvP. This will have the effect of freeing up the random IDOC's for less experienced players.

New & solo players who want to wait it out for a long time can participate in the longer random drop version. These will be less likely to be frequented by large guilds or reds (who are busy with the strict IDOCs) making it ideal for the patient players.

khajja

Master
skrypt, i do not believe there are enough idocs to jump from 'strictly' to 'strictly'. what you end up with is people waiting at the 'randomly' until 'strictly' comes into window, then going back to the 'randomly'.

lost

Grandmaster
Also your static timer won't matter as most of the veteran guilds will prefer 30 minute random drop bc we know within an hour max of when the houses turned.. so your new strategy favors us while the current one tends to bore pvpers n keep the dedicated ones around

Skrypt

Expert
skrypt, i do not believe there are enough idocs to jump from 'strictly' to 'strictly'. what you end up with is people waiting at the 'randomly' until 'strictly' comes into window, then going back to the 'randomly'.

For the days that does happen I dont see a downside to it. It still allows both play styles to get in on it.

Pikachu

Adept
This is my thought everytime I see in guild chat "there's an idoc" I say when's it going to fall, they say sometime in the next 4 hours, I think oh I'm not going to be on for 4 hours I usually play 1 or 2 at a time... So for me idocs are never an event and I'm sure it's the same way for others as well... Half hour - an hour would be a fine time limit for people with lives

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Krampus

Novice
I do like the idea of random timer because for people like me to place our own house is the best way for us. The way we remember doing :)

But I cannot be on so long that I have time to find the houses and not know if or when they are going to fall today. Takes more time than it could be worth when I could make money and buy the house instead.

halygon

Grandmaster
I do like the idea of random timer because for people like me to place our own house is the best way for us. The way we remember doing :)

But I cannot be on so long that I have time to find the houses and not know if or when they are going to fall today. Takes more time than it could be worth when I could make money and buy the house instead.
So basically you don't want to have to put in work? Pretty typical of folks in this thread I think.

Krampus

Novice
No you misunderstand. I want to put in the work. But the timer the way it is, I have waited many hours at two idocs I have found and could not wait any longer because I cannot spend all of my time playing this game. But I wait and wait and wait. Smaller windows I think

Krampus

Novice
So basically you don't want to have to put in work? Pretty typical of folks in this thread I think.
I did not quote you to bring attention to the reply. I do not mean to insult you or anyone who puts a lot of time into the game. But I have not had so much time to play in many years. A smaller window would make sense for me and for many people who play the game today. Don't you think?

I know I am not the only one saying this.

halygon

Grandmaster
I did not quote you to bring attention to the reply. I do not mean to insult you or anyone who puts a lot of time into the game. But I have not had so much time to play in many years. A smaller window would make sense for me and for many people who play the game today. Don't you think?

I know I am not the only one saying this.
Oh I hear you and in that light it makes sense. But on the other hand, for those of us that IDOCs are a chosen play style, making them hassle free ruins it as the entry and rewards are too easy.

It would be like suddenly making taming super easy to GM and lowering the cost of taming SS/PS so everyone can be legendary. Those that have spent the time and the gold previously would feel ripped off although those reaping the new benefits would be happy.

MMORPGs are supposed to take some time and effort or else end game comes rather too quickly and ppl quit.

Krampus

Novice
That is very true. I guess it would be beneficial to join a guild that does such things, so that we can pass the torch to each other if life calls us. That is the name of the game I suppose. Group or die.

Raynan

Master
last minute timer should made from 1min to 1min to 60min random
OR based on the Size/Items

little idocs drop fast 1-5min demo
big castles gets large window 30-60min demolition timer
thats way more realistic

then idoc timer can be 24h or 2h doesnt matter

Last edited by a moderator:

lost

Grandmaster
Idocs aren't always that rewarding. I've put many hours in to get empty chests, it's definitely not worth it for casual gamer unless ur around when demo hits. U can make better money if u farmed while waiting, of course there's always the lucky grab but most things I see are weapons, armor, regs n kegs. If the house looks crappy it probably is, sometimes they have one taming SS which is nice but don't hold your breathe. Reliable money is flipping plots at least.

Bump for a good read remember like this post maybe our dedicated staff will revisit this issue pending player base opinions, thanks for staying on topic