Idol of the magi?

Kemi'Kalz

Grandmaster
Has anyone gotten one of these yet? It seems SO underpowered compared to the dexxer ones, i have no dexxers i dont play dexxers so i was considering getting one of these on my mage but it just seems so lackluster.

Idol of the Magi

Spells cast by the player are increased in potency with advancement
Experience gains decrease with armor rating and distance from attacker

Dispersion - Spell damage can be dispersed to nearby enemies

Focus - A chance for increased damage

Shadow Disciple - Mana shield at a scaled rate

Vivify - Chance to enhance summons, both skills and stats (not ev or blades)

parsnip

Grandmaster
Mage is slower and more frustrating to level but I think the pay off could eventually be worth it. Should have quite a lot of flexibility too. At the moment I have Dispersion and Focus. The damage from the talisman itself is steadily increasing but not spectacularly.

Dispersion is pretty cool when it triggers, at level 10 it should hit 10 surrounding enemies. At a Champ / RDA, that could be pretty epic. If you target the creature with the lowest resist, then your damage will be replicated across all surrounding creatures. One flamestrike of 100 damage, could suddenly become 1000 damage.

Focus looks like it could be fun. At level 3, it is adding an extra 15% damage, at level 10 that should be 50%. Having that trigger every 30 seconds will be fun. With a repond slayer spellbook, I'm hitting ettins for up to 220 with a flamestrike. When Focus triggers, it adds another 30 damage :D

Haven't used Vivify or Shadow Disciple yet. From what I understand, Shadow Disciple may still need some tweaking. Vivify will be a total pain to level. Relics only raise when they trigger, to get Vivify to trigger, you'll need to cast a summon but not every summon will trigger it. Since summon spells use quite a lot of mana, it may take a looooong time to get that one levelled.

The same is true for the talisman itself, it is a real grind. Prepare to use a lot of reagents. If I wasn't so attached to hiding/stealth, I'd use a heal mage to save all your mana for damage. I think you get best value for money in terms of gains and reagent cost by casting flamestrike. I started out with fireball but have now switched to flamestrike. At higher talisman levels, it may make sense to switch to another spell.

Last edited by a moderator:

roadking666

Apprentice
Does anyone know where i can buy idol of the magi relics i need all but vivify and i also need some dexxer ones to
ill pay 400k for ea

Inflames

Master
im at lvl6 on talisman lvl5 focus relic and lvl3 on dispersion.
parsnip covered most of the info nicely its a pain to lvl but well worth doing imo.
when i kill stuff on my non talisman mages its painful compared to having the talisman.
20 mana for 90 damage ebs nuff said.

wish i was on that day the slayer book sold or parsnip wouldn't have got it so cheap. i bet having a slayer book you just destroy mobs.
#jelly