I'm back... but confused.

Todd Banker

I started playing UO in 1997 and played on and off for the next 11yrs - never getting really powerful, but enjoying the game - then went dormant. This past few days I decided to look into it again and was happy I'd be able to regain my old characters. My house was gone of course, and all that loot disappeared - which is like someone who played MTG in 1997 throwing away all their copies of Force of Will when they quit playing in 1999 and comes to regret it in 2018. I just realized I have to pay to play to build another house and to mine colored ore, have vendors, and other benefits - which is fine as I paid back then for the same access (but I was really hoping that type of thing would be free).

I'm confused because my bank vault for 1 character has 125 items in it (20 being the max for the free game) and the game will not let me take anything out of it because it's over its limit. So I cannot get to tools and weapons there, and I have no place to store all that, even if I can get it out.

So, is there a place to store extra items in the free game besides the bank or a house? And does anyone know how I can get items out of the bank in the first place? I haven't found this question being asked in the forum or addressed in any the wikipages I've looked at.

AND, the shard is kinda quiet - which is fine for someone who likes PvM, but I was wondering if there wa a more active shard to look into.

Thanks for any guidance and hope I see you on the battlefield.

AreYouKidden

Grandmaster
Hi Todd,
You are actually in the forums for a complete free independently run shard called UO Forever. We are not the same as the OSi shard. The population here is thriving, but it's a much different game, as it's based on the UOR era, with some custom content, and doesn't have trammel, or many of the other features implemented after Age of Shadows came in.

Glad to see you still have a passion for UO!

halygon

Grandmaster
What these guys said. While you would need to start over character-wise, you will have zero restrictions if you begin playing here - not to mention you will be playing with more people than are on the official UO servers as we are more populous. It is free to play here.

Try it and you will see: http://www.uoforever.com/download.php

Todd Banker

What these guys said. While you would need to start over character-wise, you will have zero restrictions if you begin playing here - not to mention you will be playing with more people than are on the official UO servers as we are more populous. It is free to play here.

Try it and you will see: http://www.uoforever.com/download.php
Wow... I told you I'm confused. I apologize.
I will UOF tonight. Moderators should feel free to delete the thread.
thanks!

The End

Master
I think it’s a good thread to leave open myself. Notice how a moderator actually responded? That’s somthing you would have to travel back to the 90s to have on the normal subscription uo.