Incoming Perma Stat Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Perma stat has been talked about for so long on this server. It's not going to happen IMO.

And if it does, I don't even really care. With skills scrolls and the quick gains on this shard I can get my reds back up running in a shorter period than the 48 hours of stat currently.

That's I argued in a previous thread for a 30~40% stat loss.

Or

The standard 20% but reds get 1997-OSI skill gains.

That would make it as intended. :)

Xiulan

Master
I don't think perma stat will turn this server into Trammel, but I do think it's a bad idea.

Shane wants a solution that will help retain new players, specifically PvM players he said. But as a new, PvM player I don't see how this will help me one bit. If I'm out farming and a red attacks, I still won't have the ability to effectively fight back. So I won't be getting their head anyway.

From my perspective, all this will do for new players and PvMers is provide another obstacle to even trying PvP (unless we join a huge red guild for relative protection). It won't really hurt the veterans who have lots of red characters to choose from and lots of resources to re-up their skills if they get perma statted. It's going to hurt newer players with maybe one red character and not much gold yet.

I realize that Shane is feeling frustrated and backed into a corner but I think he's about to shoot himself in the foot here.

A better solution, from my perspective, would be to give newbies and blues a way to protect ourselves/our stuff or try to fight back. Shane says they've already tried everything but it doesn't seem like they've actually tried many of the solutions along those lines that I've seen proposed in these forums.

Trammel shards have stuff like item insurance and blessed gold ledgers. Training rooms to lessen the pain of the grind and get people started playing faster. 50k gold to start out with, and extensive support for newbies. Even adding just ONE of those things would significantly improve the lot of new blues here. If retaining new players is actually the goal, rather than just punishing reds because Shane is pissed at them, he should try stuff like that.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
Here's the thing...

In some ways Trammel would be preferable. At least in UOR you could go to Felucca and find PvP. UOF is essentially throwing felucca out the door and just keeping the Trammel aspect.

Super-Trammel prevails! But whatevs. I'm disappointed clearly; however, like I said its better to go ahead and rip the bandaid off and let players know what kind of gameplay system UOF will keep. Clearly its not one where reds are encouraged to play.

tankian

Grandmaster
Perma stat has been talked about for so long on this server. It's not going to happen IMO.

And if it does, I don't even really care. With skills scrolls and the quick gains on this shard I can get my reds back up running in a shorter period than the 48 hours of stat currently.
exactly what i was saying in a previously reply. it wont matter , you can macro the statted char while out on another red char

Rikket_The_Rogue

Grandmaster
Here's the thing...

In some ways Trammel would be preferable. At least in UOR you could go to Felucca and find PvP. UOF is essentially throwing felucca out the door and just keeping the Trammel aspect.

Super-Trammel prevails! But whatevs. I'm disappointed clearly; however, like I said its better to go ahead and rip the bandaid off and let players know what kind of gameplay system UOF will keep. Clearly its not one where reds are encouraged to play.

lol-wut?

Perma-stat loss has been in UO since launch.

Hopefully there is perma stat...I could delete some of my reds and just macro out of it in about 2 hours lol

what they should do is add perma stat as well as keep the 48 hour timer in witch you cant gain skills!

Salsa

Grandmaster
That's I argued in a previous thread for a 30~40% stat loss.

Or

The standard 20% but reds get 1997-OSI skill gains.

That would make it as intended. :)

Please don't reply to my comments you fucking moron. You've already proven more times than anybody could count that you don't know anything about this game.

Tard the Paladin

Grandmaster
I have little interest in macroing any more than I have already (ie. none)

Yup, if constant macro'ing is a requirement for a play style then those players simply find another play style or more likely another game. But like I said its better to rip the bandaid off now so that players can find the right solution to meet their needs. This is better than sitting around wondering if/when UOF finally goes Trammy - now we know and can decide accordingly.

Vet84eran

Neophyte
You mean perma stat was only ever in, Trammel?

Oh, wait, that's right. Perma-stat loss was in UO since launch.

~fin.

You are the biggest idiot I've seen on these forums. No joke man.

Trammel was not in UO at launch.

Salsa, if you take a second to breathe and step back you can see that he was not stating that Trammel was in at UO launch. If one reads through the thread one can see that his statement reads sarcastically.

Please don't reply to my comments you fucking moron. You've already proven more times than anybody could count that you don't know anything about this game.

According to you, a "fucking moron" is one that does not understand the game of Ultima Online. Would it be safe and logical to assume that you are a moron since you did not grasp his sarcastic line? Now, if we can assume that you are a moron for not understanding the difference between sarcasm, or not reading the whole thread and fully understanding, would you agree that you shouldn't have replied to his comments?

I don't think that would be the angle we would need to take. I think you should step back, cool down, and maybe understand the situation before you let your emotions run your actions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Derwolf

Grandmaster
I have little interest in macroing any more than I have already (ie. none)

this^, all my characters are completed, i'm not going to bother leaving my pc running all night so i can macro my red. i know with the changes incoming i will be playing a lot less and when i do play it will be on a faction blue. What i got from discord chat last night is shane is worried about his player base, not as many people on, he thinks the idoc changes and red changes will bring people back. That is false, people are not playing because its summer and 3 free shards have launched in the pass 2-3 months. The better solution would be to, wait for the 3 free shards that launched to die down(thats already started) and wait for summer to be over.

Last edited by a moderator:

Salsa

Grandmaster
Salsa, if you take a second to breathe and step back you can see that he was not stating that Trammel was in at UO launch. If one reads through the thread one can see that his statement reads sarcastically.

According to you, a "fucking moron" is one that does not understand the game of Ultima Online. Would it be safe and logical to assume that you are a moron since you did not grasp his sarcastic line? Now, if we can assume that you are a moron for not understanding the difference between sarcasm, or not reading the whole thread and fully understanding, would you agree that you shouldn't have replied to his comments?

I don't think that would be the angle we would need to take. I think you should step back, cool down, and maybe understand the situation before you let your emotions run your actions.

If one reads through the thread? He was the first reply and it was not sarcastic. Thanks for all the helpful tips though. Made you look really cool.

tankian

Grandmaster
With perma stat...expect to see a red EQMS zerg like you have never seen before...maybe with a splash of extra griefing as well.
so basically you are threatening shane or anyone else if you get perma statted, you or eqms will do anything to run more people off this server and ruin the shard even more.
you shouldnt even be allowed to play here after that comment,
others are throwing out ideas and trying to come up with some solution and you just use threats

Garillo

Master
This is why Trammel came about on the production servers too. Everyone likes to say UO died when Trammel came in, but in reality they hit peak subscribers after the launch of UOR.

While they hit peak subscriptions after the launch of trammel, the graph on UO population clearly shows that trammel killed the upward trend in players.

and this is happening now when EQMS is running everyone off the server with their zergs,

Nice ad populum.

People oversimplifying problems, nothing new. As Derwolf stated, games have all historically fallen off during the summer time. Throw in that there are competitive alternatives to this server and magically you've brought up something a lot less convenient than just "pks are ruining the server".

I can seriously farm for weeks on end, even before I was in EQMS, and only see a handful of reds.

Status
Not open for further replies.