Incoming Perma Stat Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Defari

Adept
Perm stat is a terrible idea imo.

If this goes thru, I'll make it a point to join EQMS/Team @GluttonySDS - no more solo red for me (and I'm sure I wouldn't be the only one to go and group up if these changes are made). Why would any PK roll solo/small groups if death means your char is ruined? Get ready for massive zergs of reds (which will probably mean even more complaints from the pvm community).

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
they have many times. and each time it fails

Whose fault is this? And who tried these many times? It certainly wasnt you or your guild -- why not team up with werkt or trin if PKs are such a problem?

p.s.

EQMS has many many PVE men who get PKd often -- but when they get PKd, we come and kill the PKs who did it... sorry you arent capable of defending yourself at all because you dont try to -- sounds like a player mentality problem, not a mechanics issue that staff needs to change.

Salsa

Grandmaster
Look at Mr Entitled here... Look at him go... Cause he throws a ton of cash at this place, he believes he has the right to act like a complete sausage. Thank you for keeping the lights on for us, it really is appreciated. Now all you have to do, is change your persona and you might be a likeable chap.

Back under the table peon!

nNJOMBD.png

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
as was the case when REDS/pks complained about pet speed to fast

PVPers in general(red and blue alike) complained that pets were too fast creating an OP class in PVP... it was a broken mechanic that existed due to a bug and was finally fixed. How does pet speed have anything to do with you being PKd?

tankian

Grandmaster
complained that pets were too fast creating an OP class in PVP
so they reduced pet speed, reduced armor and increased weapon damage to make tamers easier to kill. instead of it taking your 5-10 man crew 10 seconds to kill a tamer, it now takes less than 5 seconds

Garillo

Master
Boohoo! If you make me play by the rules or do anything to add risk to my playstyle I will try to destroy your game.
-GluttonySDS 2016

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Care to elaborate on which rules they are breaking? Wasn't aware that death costing 35k or 48 hour stat was considered "risk free". What do blues lose when they die again, outside of 50 of each reg and a stack of 4k gold?

Seems more like people are crying to *change* the rules out of apathy.

"BooHoo we don't like your playstyle because it dominates and conflicts with ours, we should change the rules because everyone is a winner"

so they reduced pet speed, reduced armor and increased weapon damage to make tamers easier to kill. instead of it taking your 5-10 man crew 10 seconds to kill a tamer, it now takes less than 5 seconds

It wasn't just reds that complained about this. It was almost all PvPers. Faction pets were unbearably slow, blue pets were on horse steroids and meth. Get over it. Speed was *normalized*. You keep saying it was nerfed while conveniently failing to mention that it was buffed for a significant number of players (factioners).

What does weapon damage and armor have to do with the EQMS 10 man crew? They have 2-3 dexers in the entire guild. They run mostly mages. Did armor help you against ebolts? Did being punched with a spellbook in hand become unbearably painful?

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh, so its not the PKs that are the problem, its the zergs that are the problem... thats what youre saying, right? What is stopping blues from grouping up and defending themselves against the PKs who have grouped up? Nothing except that it takes effort -- effort youd rather not put in(like we do) so instead you choose to come to the forums/discord and cry hoping staff will change something.

Its a player mentality problem, youd rather cry about something instead of putting in the effort yourselves to stop the issue... there are so many blue guilds out there that hate PKs, why dont they work together to kill PKs? Ahh yes, because they dont WANT to because it would mean theyd have to share pixels with eachother.

I hope they put in perma stat as I will take pleasure in punishing every blue I see with no mercy the day that goes in... remember all those times we have ressed our blue victims, gave their stuff back, didnt kill their pets, safe champ spawn sundays, etc? They will be a thing of the past and all you will see is true pain and terror.... be careful what you wish for.

excruciating_cover-800x927.jpg

PLEASE PLEASE PUT IN STATLOSS SHANE...LET THE NICEBABIES UNLEASH THEIR TRUE POTENTIAL!

Lord_Puffy

Grandmaster
Well Shane posted in discord that perma stat is on the way.

Trammel has been foreshadowed for quite some while now so its not like its a surprise. The end result is predictable though. Players will eventually grow tired of 20 year old AI and endless grinding for relics that will soon lose their value. You can change the mechanics but if you take away pk'ing then Trammel is basically here. Many pks aren't going to macro their characters so risk free farming will be the norm. Some of us will still pk but UOF will probably become solely in the realm of pvm hack and slash and pokemon grindfest. The question is how long will players enjoy endless risk free grinding for relics that are about to be worthless? LOL.

Shane mentioned revamping PvP numerous times and how it never catches on and that its a huge surprise to him. However, I will once again point out that the current mentality on this shard is that if an activity doesn't have a chance at a relic drop then it is utterly pointless. So will Kingdoms PvP catch on? Its a simple question to answer. If kingdoms pvp = relics then yes otherwise no chance.

Maybe Kingdoms will incentivize pvp in a way that attracts players to the system? Maybe players just want to horde relics and grind pokemons until they get bored?

When I think about the most successful PvM'ers on this shard I realize that they all grew rich, grew bored and left. PvP'ers always find the game enjoyable and never get enough.

I said it before Ill say it again, Perma stat isnt that bad, its how I pked for as long as I can remember. Ill simplely either macro my guy up to enough skills to pk or log onto another one I have alrdy made.

I think this will truely seperate the real pks from people who do abuse the system.

5-10 seconds to kill a tamer? I dunno what bs pk crews youve seen. My comrade and I kill tamers in about 2-3

tankian

Grandmaster
I said it before Ill say it again, Perma stat isnt that bad, its how I pked for as long as I can remember. Ill simplely either macro my guy up to enough skills to pk or log onto another one I have alrdy made.
this is exactly what ive said earlier,
this doesnt bother me a bit, if i die on my red so be it, ill log on my other red or wait and macro it back up. no big deal

tankian

Grandmaster
i just dont get it, why would anyone cry about perma stat that has multiple reds spread across 3 accounts, they always have a back up char to log on

Darkarna

Grandmaster
Oh? Tell me more.

I only know of 2 instances and both are by former EQMS members or allies.

What would you do then?

I think this will truely seperate the real pks from people who do abuse the system.

The new leader of EQMS has spoken! ;)

tankian

Grandmaster
Oh? Tell me more.

I only know of 2 instances and both are by former EQMS members or allies.
ask gluttony, purge and werkt mentioned the other day they are done and said eqms can have the server and are pulling there char out and going to Albion.

Status
Not open for further replies.