Increase spell damage for Factioners vs. Factioners

bradley-

Grandmaster
its 4 spells(2 explodes and 2 ebs) that do not kill someone -- i dont think that should be the case.

Follow up those ebolts with a lightning and you should be fine :)

Also, if you weaken someone, explo/eb from 2 people will kill them 7/10 times. Less if they know how to heal and/or xheal.

Grizard

Adept
I say make it more attractive for faction folks to fight one another. I am tired at being blasted by Factioneers on my blues that aren't even in factions.

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
Follow up those ebolts with a lightning and you should be fine :)

Also, if you weaken someone, explo/eb from 2 people will kill them 7/10 times. Less if they know how to heal and/or xheal.

This would be great if everyone wasnt slamming white pots(as they should be).

God.RG

Grandmaster
lol. GM of zerg guild wants higher damage spells? everyone else does alright with how it is now.. maybe you guys need some practice.

GriefedYaBish

Grandmaster
so many pvpers come to this shard just for a few months and move on from UO because of the pvp mechanics. I personally would like to see this players stay long term. The PvM content is top notch but the PvP is lacking. @Adam was going to implement wands and a few other things months back but it was sadly flamed down.

@Toguro-pac bullshit mechanics? sorry you're not a fan of diverse PvP mechanics :(

so many pvpers come to this shard just for a few months and move on from UO because of the pvp mechanics. I personally would like to see this players stay long term. The PvM content is top notch but the PvP is lacking. @Adam was going to implement wands and a few other things months back but it was sadly flamed down.

@Toguro-pac bullshit mechanics? sorry you're not a fan of diverse PvP mechanics :(

if you guys enjoy uoforever mechanics so much, go back there instead of trying to pollute this server with their shit lol

Staff

Young Player Help
There have been two occasions where I have went on UOG to compare our spell damages. What I came away with was that they were nearly the same. The damage distributions were nearly the same for all spells. Get me spreadsheet with some comparisons and I'll check them out. Until then, nothing will be looked at our changed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shake

Master
I agree. 2-3 man syncs often get shrugged off without the need for heals. A 2 man team isn't even viable for fielding, besides killing bone warriors.

Jani

Grandmaster
I don't have problem with spell damages. However, I wouldn't mind a minor boost either. Sometimes doing a bit math is useful. Like if you have full 120 str, then 4 spells most likely won't kill you. However, it's not like killing is impossible or too difficult in 2vs2 etc. Current pvp system is good and balanced if you ask me. Explosion spell, wrestling and stunning changes were great.

Last edited by a moderator:

GluttonySDS

Grandmaster
@Shake @chad you guys ever heard of weaken?

The reality is in a field fight, as soon as you weaken, the person is gonna chug 2 white pots to get back up over 120 str. Spell damage is too low here, 2 people cant field effectively.

As per @Adam 's request, I will do some number crunching on uoforever compared to here but as Chad and Shake said, damage here is significantly lower than UOGH.

wreckognize

Grandmaster
Raising faction vs faction damage is a great idea. Not sure if it can be coded but if it can then I say do it. I don't see a single reason why this can't happen. Only people I ever see who care about the low spell damage is factioners, but in the end the information gained will help tweak numbers across the board.

+1 Great idea. Even better than join fees.