Introducing Sir Reginald

Sir Reginald

Neophyte
I am Sir Reginald, an old and world weary warrior who grew up on the streets of Britain after being abandoned by his mother after she had relations with an unknown sailor..

I enjoy gambling on everything, inventing Dice games, drinking Mead, fighting and rooting out thieves. not necessarily in that order..

After a grim childhood being shunned by all, preyed upon by the undesirables of Britain, i began honing my skills as a smiths apprentice who finally took me in off the streets out of pity. In this role I built up my strength and discovered a love for wielding large hammers.

A pivotal point in my life was the day a thief stole my most cherished possession, a battered old ale tankard that my mother tucked into my pack before wiping away my tears and shoving me into a doorway before diving through a mystical portal, never to be seen again. The tankard was my fathers.

This incident sparked a fury within me that i had been trying to bash out of my mind on the metal i struck each and every day... I now embrace this fury, it is what drives me to scour the streets and back alleys in search of more thieves to crush. I taught myself everything of this discipline through sheer stubbornness. I now make regular patrols around Britain to protect citizens from the grubby fingers of this shadowy foe.

It was on one of these patrols that a man I had seen almost daily, for many a month, finally approached me.. You may know him as Sir Rendlesham of the Knights Guild. He told me he had taken notice of my honorable work and asked if I had considered taking an Oath to serve the Knights. At first I declined, for i do not pretend to be noble, I am a simple man, with a simple code and have done some dishonorable deeds in a past I would forget, but each necessary for my survival.

Since meeting the Knights and taking their Oath I have found new meaning in waking up and embracing the dawn, I still perform my patrols as a fury still burns deep within me, but i have since replaced that old battered ale cup with a shiny new gold one, inscribed with the virtues and code of honour I now live by.

Honour thy fellow Knights!
and so I have a new ritual, to raise a tankard of mead to the sky each day and take time to think on all the times my fellow knights have saved me, and all the times I have saved them.

Thankyou Sir Rendlesham, I shall not forget.