Is anyone making progress leveling Berserker Talisman?

Stevo11101

Neophyte
Is anyone making progress leveling the Berserker Talisman?

I just keep finding myself the (squishy) target of pkers and griefers, and on cooldown all the time.

Anybody else having the same issue?

Ariakan99

Grandmaster
I am lucky that the majority of my play time is during the 'off peak' server hours so I generally see a few less pk's. I mix up my farming (Xp gains pretty well across most of the stuff I hunt) to make it more interesting. XP gains are now based from the mobs health - so the tougher the target (mostly) then the more XP you get - paragons are great for gains up to a point - they are quite tough to handle with 0 ar though.

I have found that a suit of shop bought leather ar (13 ar total) imbued with slayer runes is a good option if you are hunting tougher creatures as it provides good resist if you have none and also mitigates melee damage. All for a 13% XP gain reduction, although not the cheapest/easiest option.

To avoid pk's I have the standard escape macro in addition to having trapped pouch (I love the blessed trapped pouch) and pots. My char also have gm hiding which is a huge boost.

Bromista

Grandmaster
I am lucky that the majority of my play time is during the 'off peak' server hours so I generally see a few less pk's. I mix up my farming (Xp gains pretty well across most of the stuff I hunt) to make it more interesting. XP gains are now based from the mobs health - so the tougher the target (mostly) then the more XP you get - paragons are great for gains up to a point - they are quite tough to handle with 0 ar though.

I have found that a suit of shop bought leather ar (13 ar total) imbued with slayer runes is a good option if you are hunting tougher creatures as it provides good resist if you have none and also mitigates melee damage. All for a 13% XP gain reduction, although not the cheapest/easiest option.

To avoid pk's I have the standard escape macro in addition to having trapped pouch (I love the blessed trapped pouch) and pots. My char also have gm hiding which is a huge boost.
Have you given any consideration to parrying and carrying a junky wooden shield?

My thoughts are that it would be a big help against spawn that poisons on contact, which is what gets me in trouble more than anything it seems.

Pair that with some slick hotkeys to disarm/chug/re-equip (chugging is another important ability to have when training) and there's probably nothing out there you can't utterly destroy without having to bail, regroup, and re-engage.

Bromista

Grandmaster
What? I mean you don't gain pts if you wiff if that's what you're asking. It's % based on the damage you do vs your AR.

crazy-horse

Master
Each mob apparentlt has a predtermined maximum ppoints you will get iff you completely kill it, awarded as you damage it. Half kill it, get about half the possible points.
As an added feature, if you just started damaging it, and another player decides to help you, no more points awarded.. has to be all by yourself.

TheFallen

Grandmaster
What I'm saying is do I gain more if I hit for more or is it just the hit. I'm assuming that since to you said its damage based I would gain more from a slayer war hammer per hit than a store bought skinning knife.

crazy-horse

Master
Does there seem to be a ratio like 10 dmg = 1 point xp?
Depends on the mob, and it decreases as you progresss.
Level 1 takes 16000 points to complete
Level 9 takes 144,000 to complete.
Basically, add another 1,600 to the last level you completed each time you finish one.

maddp

Journeyman
as long as the mob is attacking you you gain xp no matter who is attacking you need to be the focus of its attack

Stevo11101

Neophyte
So I have GM Hiding at the moment, and I carry a bag of agility, strength, cure, heal, and refresh pots, which i have chug macros for. I also carry trap pouches.

I have thought about parry, but I don't think it can be better than hiding.

I do get away pretty often, but you know how it is; you are at a spot, and if a real gank squad comes who knows what they are doing, you have a pretty small chance of escape.

The thing I hate most is replacing slayer axes; it isn't the cost, its the ability to locate one on a vendor. They are pretty much mandatory for farming.