Items stats

Amorpho

Expert
Hi guys,

I've just re-started playing UO after many years and I notice quite few changes from the server I used to play then. I notice that when you move your cursor on items such as armor and weapons, it shows nothing but the name.
1. Are there any stats for items?
2. Is LRC (Lower Reagents Casting) and LMC (Lower Mana Casting) still existing? If so, how can I see all these values?
Also, I notice that when I click on my character there is no "Toggle item insure" option anymore.
3. Is it not possible to insure items anymore?
4. I also notice that the skills in the young player dungeons increase super fast (compared to what it was once), is that the nature of those dungeons or is it like this everywhere?

Thanks for the help! :D

Kith kannen

Master
I don't know some of the stuff you are talking about...this shard is frozen in time at around 2000 I would guess and I'm fairly certain most of the stuff you mentioned came after that.

jeffe

Master
This is a pre-Age of Shadows server. Damage is not divided into fire,cold,phys,etc. No LRC, LMC, FC, SSI, HCI, etc. No item is insurable. Certain items are 'newbified' that you start with, otherwise nothing else is going to stay with you when you die unless it has [blessed] tag. Skill gains in dungeons are amplified yes.

Amorpho

Expert
Wow, it really is stripped down to the essentials! Do you know if these other factors will be implemented in time? How do I know which weapon is better than others? I assume there are no slayer weapons either and many of the dungeons I used to play... Are there any unique weapons and armor?

Last edited by a moderator:

jeffe

Master
It is very unlikely that any of the features you described will be added. Age of Shadows ruined UO for many of us. AoS turned UO into a Diabloesque game where all you did was look for a better piece of armor or as many did: buy it off ebay.

W/o all the uber gear UO becomes more about skill. This allows to someone to jump into the game and train up a character and then being able to compete side-by-side or against people that have played here nearly two years, w/o a disadvantage, in a manner of weeks.

Most people just buy an automatic transmission when they buy a car; but, if you've noticed they still install manual transmissions even in economy cars.

Kith kannen

Master
There are slayer weapons ....weapons go ruin/might/force/power/vanquishing being the most powerful...same with armor defense through invulnerability.

Amorpho

Expert
What about SOPs (scrolls of power)? I guess those are still there. How do you obtain them in this server? I remember doing it with the guild, attacking particular bosses (can't remember what that was called...) Also, how do you obtain unique/slayer equip? Questing? Crafting?

SidX

Grandmaster
Yes man sorry, didn't realize it was a wiki. Read too fast on my phone :p
Hopefully I can shed some hope before you lose interest.. I played UO for 9 years starting the day AoS was launched. I never had played pre-AoS UO, ever. Literally not even for 10 minutes. But I joined this server earlier this month and already have the complete hang of it. It's a little different but much, much truer to the game's original intentions.

There are no artifacts, no Trammel/Malas/Tokuno Islands/Ilshenar, pretty much none of the stuff that I now see ruined UO (I'll admit, Ilshenar was cool though). But it is more fun, more realistic and more rewarding.

Hope you have fun!