Killing (young) players

bradley-

Grandmaster
So, I know there is a 60 second freeze when you kill (young) players but while watching Jeitarium's stream, I watched him kill several (young) players and his buddies just gated him out.. I know that some people have been abusing the (young) system but constantly PKing (young) players will only hurt the server.. I don't have a solution to this problem but it needs to be addressed.

modu

Neophyte
So, I know there is a 60 second freeze when you kill (young) players but while watching Jeitarium's stream, I watched him kill several (young) players and his buddies just gated him out.. I know that some people have been abusing the (young) system but constantly PKing (young) players will only hurt the server.. I don't have a solution to this problem but it needs to be addressed.
guardian angel bradley

K A Z

Grandmaster
Why overcomplicate things ? If you kill a young you're automatically statlossed for 2 hours. Case closed. Maybe track young killings and show people who do it regularly where the Jail's at.

Jeitarium

Master
Calm down. Preventing a gate out is fine, but the statloss and jail is insane. Young players are already not attackable in and around the Brit GY and Despise. They also lose 0 loot when they die. If a young player is going to take advantage of that status and go to deceit then they risk the awful walk to the shrine and back.

Jeitarium

Master
Why do you have to kill young players? I mean seriously lol.

I do it to add balance. To add risk for the player who ventures to higher reward dungeons. To add appreciation to the young player for those who help him or her. And to inspire the young player to improve and take my head for 25k. Even if the player is not a pvper, the player can contact Expendible Youth, Derizz, or PvPeter and others who I am sure would pay a random to the player who notified them I was stuck for 60 seconds.

I root for the underdog too. Here is a tip. If a PK gates out after killing a young player, the PK is most likely stuck outside of his house, because you cannot mark a rune inside. If you know where that PK lives, you can likely get an easy kill and big bounty.

Jani

Grandmaster
^ The worst excuse ever. There is no reason to kill players with young player status. It won't do any good for the shard and you cannot even loot them.

If you wanna pk it is fine as long as they are not young player status in my opinion. Killing young players is the lowest level of pvp ever. Derizz and his friends also play factions and fight proper players.

Jeitarium

Master
The game is all about balance and on this issue I think the admins have it right. Young players cannot be attacked in Brit GY and Despise. If we had it your way, young players could not be attacked anywhere. I think you're giving too much away. You can't give new people too much, whether it's fast skill gain, gold, or safe zones... otherwise there is nothing left for them to accomplish. This is a game with no end, the only purpose is to advance within a set of challenges based on risk and reward. Take away the risk and there is no reward.

Tynder

Master
The game is all about balance and on this issue I think the admins have it right. Young players cannot be attacked in Brit GY and Despise. If we had it your way, young players could not be attacked anywhere. I think you're giving too much away. You can't give new people too much, whether it's fast skill gain, gold, or safe zones... otherwise there is nothing left for them to accomplish. This is a game with no end, the only purpose is to advance within a set of challenges based on risk and reward. Take away the risk and there is no reward.
The "young" system goes on for far too long. You can easily train up a young player to being an effective monster basher and have plenty of additional young time to make a sizable amount of gold with little to no risk. Certain high end areas probably should be off limits to youngs or they should be freely attackable in these areas. I think it is safe to assume someone is not completely inexperienced in the game if they are farming in higher end dungeons. Not that this makes it okay to specifically target them, but I wish they would look into whether 40 hours of game time is really necessary to get your bearings. I don't necessarily have much sympathy for a young getting killed while farming liches in Deceit while using high end gear.

By the way, aren't you that guy that farms his alts for Murder Counts at shrines? :D