Let's do some fishing shall we!

halygon

Grandmaster
Fishing afk is not against the rules at all. Fishing afk and killing/looting the sea serpents IS against the rules. People have done that in the past to farm MiBs afk and have gotten in trouble.

I gmed fishing over night afk at ocollo docks. I run a macro on two fishermen for pull up serps. I only run it when i am rocking borderlands or nhl on the ps so i can switch over and kill the serp. Im therory you could run a macro for mining as long as you pay attention to events on screen and not afk.

eppy

Grandmaster
I gmed fishing over night afk at ocollo docks. I run a macro on two fishermen for pull up serps. I only run it when i am rocking borderlands or nhl on the ps so i can switch over and kill the serp. Im therory you could run a macro for mining as long as you pay attention to events on screen and not afk.

No rail mining. That means you cant be running an autopilot and just glancing over from time to time. You are checked and watched by an actual person.

yourdaddy

Grandmaster
It's like a Level 3-4 T hunt map but with only 2 monsters to kill. but harder to find the place since you have to travel on a boat

It's a bit more complicated than that. Say, first, you need at least 100 mibs to make fishing efficient.

You enter every mib coordinate in UOAM. That means you have a shitton of spots around the map. You choose an area, and close to any city, you are likely to have around 10-15 chests to fish. Every chest has 2 ele (usually one regular and one deep sea ele, giving about 1k2 gold total).

Thing is, when you have a lot of mibs, the chests are very close to one another, and so you can fish up to 10 chests an hour. There is an approximative 10 to 15k gold per chest (couting everything, not just straight gold obviously), which means an average income of... 100 to 150k per hour, when you're very efficient (i suggest taking an elemental ban bow on your fisher and a tamer on the boat, or it takes more time killing the deep sea ele).

If you substract de 2 to 3k cost per MIB (cause you buy em) it's an average 10 to 12k per chests.

On top of that, which cartography and tmapping doesn't offer, is the possibility to loot rares (nets, hooks, etc., on osiredon, which spawns instead of an ele about 1% of the time if your fisher is at least 115) and rare hued chest + statuettes from ancient mibs.

Fishing is clearly one of the best way to farm gold on UO, but requires some prep. I make at least as much with fishing than I can make with my tamer.