Limit on IP Addresses?

Defari

Adept
So I know the limit is 3 accounts per IP and that's no prob for me (only have 2 accts atm anyway) - but what about IP addresses per account(s)? I travel a bit for work and tend to log in via different IPs at various hotels and also occasionally at my gf's house (she doesn't play/has no accts). I've been an active player here since late 2013 and didn't want to run into any trouble with the Admins so I figured I'd ask. Searched the forums but didn't see anything on this.

Karl Sagan

Grandmaster
So I know the limit is 3 accounts per IP and that's no prob for me (only have 2 accts atm anyway) - but what about IP addresses per account(s)? I travel a bit for work and tend to log in via different IPs at various hotels and also occasionally at my gf's house (she doesn't play/has no accts). I've been an active player here since late 2013 and didn't want to run into any trouble with the Admins so I figured I'd ask. Searched the forums but didn't see anything on this.

I do the same thing and have been questioned about it in the past, when I saw the screenshot of ip addresses/accounts there were like 15 accounts linked to 'my' IP. My 3 accounts and I think at least two that were miskeys(no chars ever created). The rest were other people who either lived in my city or lived near hotels I had stayed at.

Nothing came of it after I explained the situation, but you may get questioned. Especially if you are part of a group that dominates idocs to the point people get mad enough to report you for having 15 accounts.

Defari

Adept
Thanks Karl for the info - how did the GMs go about contacting you on this (in-game, PM, email?). That's interesting they would question you simply because there are other people in your town that also play UOF. I got my neighbor and his bro to play recently so I may have to explain this as well... As long as they give one the chance to explain themselves and not just insta-delete/ban accounts, its fine by me lol