List of important changes for PVP.

halygon

Grandmaster
It's time to eliminate the automatic throwing of pots on this server. It takes no talent and really ruins field PVP. Some of the best moments of the game are being ruined by someone showing up with 60 purple pots all auto throwing and shit. It's just not the way it was and shouldn't be allowed here. The community would respond well to this.
Are you referring to people using macros/scripts to throw exp pots or the exp pots themselves?

FYI: Most folks throw them manually in my experience.

Shake

Master
It's time to eliminate the automatic throwing of pots on this server. It takes no talent and really ruins field PVP. Some of the best moments of the game are being ruined by someone showing up with 60 purple pots all auto throwing and shit. It's just not the way it was and shouldn't be allowed here. The community would respond well to this.
Nonsense.

They are all manually timed and thrown, both on the run and in between spells. If you take away purple pots you won't be able to kill anyone who runs or any mage 1v1, and dexxers would become useless. The community would not respond well to this.

account51

Master
Nonsense.

They are all manually timed and thrown, both on the run and in between spells. If you take away purple pots you won't be able to kill anyone who runs or any mage 1v1, and dexxers would become useless. The community would not respond well to this.

Yeah, I always did them manually, but if people are scripting them now, I would be okay with disabling that.

Shini

Master
N24G7Ru.png

Shake

Master
@halygon

February 8th, 2015 - Made all stack-able potions UN-STACK upon death.

February 8h, 2015 - Added stack-able potions in 10 stacks.

This was in the patch notes which is great. This means the potions all disperse when someone dies? I'm happy with them only being stackable to 10, but having stacked potions on corpses is one of the main reason to having them. I'm glad you guys are making changes tho, keep it up.

God.RG

Grandmaster
sit down, please. too much blood rushing to your head has caused a dumbass idea.

halygon

Grandmaster
@halygon

This was in the patch notes which is great. This means the potions all disperse when someone dies? I'm happy with them only being stackable to 10, but having stacked potions on corpses is one of the main reason to having them. I'm glad you guys are making changes tho, keep it up.
Balance has to be found and to balance between new player and more veteran, its important to remember that some folks actually run back to their corpse to loot it as they cannot afford infinite stock or a butler. Having potions non-stacked on corpses helps those guys have a chance at getting some of their loot back.

Also, it is a strategic move, if you are low on pots, are you gonna stop fighting for a bit to pick up potions from a corpse or are you going to continue on with low stock... decisions decisions...

I mean for me, I now get to have a neat stock box on me again as opposed to one with pots all over the place hiding what I got in there.

halygon

Grandmaster

K A Z

Grandmaster
Its not applied yet:

ADDED or FIXED, BUT NOT YET APPLIED:

February 8th, 2015 - Fixed issue with explosion potions.
February 9th, 2015 - Made Shift Phase adjustements.

Here is the Progressive Patch Notes Thread: http://uoforum.com/threads/ultima-online-forever-progressive-patch-notes.51701/

elaborate on the "issue with explosion potions" please. If it has nothing to do with them spreading out their damage when they're thrown right next to mobs, or with them dealing a ridiculously low amount of damage, then I'm afraid that we're in for another disappointment.

Shake

Master
Balance has to be found and to balance between new player and more veteran, its important to remember that some folks actually run back to their corpse to loot it as they cannot afford infinite stock or a butler. Having potions non-stacked on corpses helps those guys have a chance at getting some of their loot back.

Also, it is a strategic move, if you are low on pots, are you gonna stop fighting for a bit to pick up potions from a corpse or are you going to continue on with low stock... decisions decisions...

I mean for me, I now get to have a neat stock box on me again as opposed to one with pots all over the place hiding what I got in there.
You don't bring out what you don't plan on losing.

In normal PVP circumstances, people will take the bags and carry them somewhere, or just sit there picking it dry for 2 minutes, res killing the person if necessary. The result is the person losing all their stuff either way.

When you're fighting outnumbered there is no option to stop and loot. Fighting without heals/cures/refresh won't end so well, so you're forced home. When you only have 2-3 seconds to loot, you can't grab all their potions.

halygon

Grandmaster
elaborate on the "issue with explosion potions" please. If it has nothing to do with them spreading out their damage when they're thrown right next to mobs, or with them dealing a ridiculously low amount of damage, then I'm afraid that we're in for another disappointment.
That's referring to chaining exp pot explosions.

agauo

Master
bump for a thread of actual good, pvp-bettering suggestions instead of the nonsense currently at the top of this suggestion forum.

Cerebellum

Grandmaster
Stamina loss when redlined: We currently have; infinite stamina mounts, no bola's and no player stamina loss. The ability to run endlessly is a massive problem, anyone who PVP's will agree. Adding stamina loss when a player is below, say 10%, will help cure this issue. Redlining your opponent and then having them zoom off into the distance with no way of stopping them is ridiculous.

I agree 100% with the endless running, and no loss of stamina, but potions almost completely nullify this, so what's the point?