Locking Up when in game.

Soljour.Detox

Neophyte
I am using steam and ever since the last patch with the faction changes I have been locking up for 6-10 second increments. I patched up all the way suing the launcher and I am still having the problem. Anyone else having this problem or have a solution?

Having same issue, i run fine for 10 seconds, then i freeze for 4 or 5, then im fine again, wash rinse repeat, cant pvp with it going on, can barely pvm with it happening.....

God.RG

Grandmaster
I am using steam and ever since the last patch with the faction changes I have been locking up for 6-10 second increments. I patched up all the way suing the launcher and I am still having the problem. Anyone else having this problem or have a solution?
i am having the same problem.. i'll run fine for 5-10 min then freeze for the 4-10 seconds.

kristina

Master
Ditto!

Nico

Neophyte
Same problem, running fine then my char stops. It doesn't appear to be lag, I ping 125ms pretty much all the time.
It's very annoying.

Staff

Young Player Help
Is this still happening? I don't think it is related to the patch as it isn't happening for everyone. It is more likely a node on your route to the server.

Yohee

Expert
Definitely still happening for me - on my laptop, but not PC. I get six steps and then it pauses for 2 seconds and then repeats. Sometimes its a bit better, sometimes its worse. Haven't been able to walk more than ten steps without a pause for the last few weeks - so my problem might be different (and seems to only start to using -ping in game - but that could just be a coincidence).

Macunzo

Adept
Am still having irregular lag spikes from about 2:30-5 EST from Europe. Yesterday, there were several discons during that time.

The IP to ping is 192.223.27.48, correct? My trace route to that one goes via telia.net, and the trace shows ok pings w/o package loss (150-180 max). Strange.

Ingame ping is at around 120... but goes up to 4-6000.

Yohee

Expert
Am still having irregular lag spikes from about 2:30-5 EST from Europe. Yesterday, there were several discons during that time.

The IP to ping is 192.223.27.48, correct? My trace route to that one goes via telia.net, and the trace shows ok pings w/o package loss (150-180 max). Strange.

Ingame ping is at around 120... but goes up to 4-6000.

Are you using Windows 7 or 8? I've got a Surface Pro running Windows 8 - about to install UOF and see if it works fine. If it does, then I'll try the ingame ping command and see if it changes anything. I know it all sounds crazy to think those two are related but it's got to be something.

In terms of the command prompt ping - you should just be able to ping login.uoforever.com - and yes, that resolves to the IP address you mentioned!