Long time friend scammed/stole Donation items from me (Fupa / wuwei)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GimpCent

Grandmaster
If only Mold was still playing on UOF -- things would have been handled way differently in regard to this.

BTW - if you keep that trash kid fupa in your $$ .. it will for sure show the lack of care that you have for ]$[ ... what Fupa did was beyond not cool.. regardless of it being related to pixels...even if Fupa makes a forum, account to state his side of the story - well, the jury has already decided that Fupa is a trash player and friend........ Mold would be mortified if he saw how $$ was being run these days.

Karma will come back to haunt that kid, for sure.

$ guild promotes fucking friends over and stealing their shit?

shocking

no one promotes anything, I'm just saying this is not a scam.

DONT TRUST ANYONE

No, it's not a scam (from some scummy stranger). It's far worse. It is a complete violation of trust.

@Mold

Silly Santa

Grandmaster
To be honest I wouldn't care how long I knew a "friend" for... or how long someone was a guildie of mine for..... the hell with that .... if 1 of my guildies did this to a guildie, ally , or a non-guildie/ally - the jury would find him guilty instantly.. and he would be kicked the hell out of my guild... and sent to trammel.....

There is a line that you just don't cross in-game and this is for sure it.

We all play this game to have fun .. and playing it with someone like Fupa .. it just doesn't make it fun , if someone like that is in your guild. Fupa --> Scumbaggg.

Darkarna

Grandmaster
I do hope the next person who is faced with this exact same situation, is treated as such. I don't think I have seen a thread regarding misplaced trust or potential scamming receive so many replies for justice.

To all those who may read this thread and have gone through exactly the same but received only criticism, this is what elitism looks like. Take a good whiff.

To anyone else who looks at me like a hard hearted bastard with no compassion, one rule for one and another rule for another is something I really despise regardless of the nature of said person. If this is resolved then all those who have gone through the same should also be reimbursed their stuff out of general principle.

Starnite

Master
@Shane @Adam

I know you all have to be neutral in this game and not take sides on issues like this but as you can see the shard has came together for the most part and have spoken. I have seen several reply to this thread that would probable cut me and anyone down in game (pvp/pk) but have stood up for Jonny here like I have never seen. I think this is one of the first times I have seen enemies in game throw down their weapons and are standing united in this. I do not know Jonny in game or out of game nor have I ever talked to him/her. I do however believe he/she has given enough proof that they should be given the items taken. If you don't take from that kid, at least see it in your hearts to give them the items again. Jonny did something that most want to do but are afraid to do and that is he/she stepped out and trusted someone and got burned for it. Shane and Adam, can you not help him/her out and show em that the game has their back.

Shane

Administrator
Staff member
@Shane @Adam

I know you all have to be neutral in this game and not take sides on issues like this but as you can see the shard has came together for the most part and have spoken. I have seen several reply to this thread that would probable cut me and anyone down in game (pvp/pk) but have stood up for Jonny here like I have never seen. I think this is one of the first times I have seen enemies in game throw down their weapons and are standing united in this. I do not know Jonny in game or out of game nor have I ever talked to him/her. I do however believe he/she has given enough proof that they should be given the items taken. If you don't take from that kid, at least see it in your hearts to give them the items again. Jonny did something that most want to do but are afraid to do and that is he/she stepped out and trusted someone and got burned for it. Shane and Adam, can you not help him/her out and show em that the game has their back.

I wasn't neutral. I straight up said it wasn't a scam my good man.

A lot of people have had this happen to them on UOF over the years and we have never replaced items based on this.
We also rarely ever, ever create new items in lieu of lost/scammed items. If we were to take action on something like this it would be us taking those same items away from the thief.

In my opinion this was just a steal, not a scam.
Unfortunately as well we can't go against how we've always done things because people agree. Staff isn't here to make friends with everyone, they are here to do what is right for the greater good of the server. (Basically this isn't a popularity contest)

If it was a scam, yes this would be dealt with... But it's not a scam.
The items were given at will, and just not returned. It's truly more of a trust issue between long term friends than a uof community issue or staff issue.

In my opinion that's a small price to pay for knowing that someone who you thought was a good friend, isn't at all.
This could of been soo soo much worse.

Hope this straightens things out a bit for everyone.

As a side note, of course i'd love nothing more than to keep everyone happy, give him his items back, ban the guy that slighted him as he's obviously not a good player/person. However there's a balance and rules set in place and unfortunately the guy really didn't break any rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.