Looking to make a "Beastmaster"

Dannyrulx

Neophyte
Hey all, Dannyrulx here.

Looking to create my first character, and wondering how to make an animal trainer/Beastmaster viable. I want to keep her as far away from the action as possible, but with enough combat skills so I'm not useless without them.

Any help much appreciated.

Sommerella

Master
beastmasterferret.jpg

Dannyrulx

Neophyte
This'll be a PVE build. Animal lore + training is a must. I'll then either put points into fencing or musicianship I think. Unless this is the worse idea ever .

Young Star

Grandmaster
A peace tamer is probably your best bet while building taming. You can switch out peace for provoking later if you want or drop for other magic support skills.

Taming
Lore
Magery
Vet
Anat
Music
Peace

Swap the last two for evaluate intelligence and meditation if you want to after you get a decent stable of pets. Tactics and archery isn't bad either. Not too many melee tamers.

Guwap

Grandmaster
A peace tamer is probably your best bet while building taming. You can switch out peace for provoking later if you want or drop for other magic support skills.

Taming
Lore
Magery
Vet
Anat
Music
Peace

Swap the last two for evaluate intelligence and meditation if you want to after you get a decent stable of pets.

What he said except DO NOT get anatomy. This is useless on a PvM tamer. Instead, get meditation.

Training tamer build:

Animal Taming
Animal Lore
Magery
Meditation
Veterinary
Musicianship
Peacemaking

This will allow you to tame in dungeons where you get increased skill gains.

Final PvM build:

Animal Taming
Animal Lore
Magery
Meditation
Veterinary
Musicianship
Provocation

For a uoforever PvP/PvM build...sub the last two skills for Magic Resist and Evaluating Intelligence.

Dannyrulx

Neophyte
Great! In two years there will be tales sung of the crazy car bard!!!!11!!!

Seriously thanks. The community here is awesome.
( what skills should i go for first)

Guwap

Grandmaster
Great! In two years there will be tales sung of the crazy car bard!!!!11!!!

Seriously thanks. The community here is awesome.
( what skills should i go for first)

IMO, start with 50 taming and 50 magery. You can buy skills up to 50 from NPCs and the others are pretty easy to level.

I macroed my magery first, then music/peace at the same time. After that you're pretty set to start training taming.

Guwap

Grandmaster
Okay, one last question. What is macro?

"Macroing" usually refers to a simple or complex script in your client (razor/uosteam) that automates actions for you.

Typically, people will "afk macro" their magery to 100. Same with vet, peace, music, resist, eval int, provo, med (gains with magery), lore (gains with animal taming otherwise you can macro it).

I'm phone posting but surely someone around here can link you to some useful uosteam macros (don't use razor it's doodoo).

Young Star

Grandmaster
What he said except DO NOT get anatomy. This is useless on a PvM tamer. Instead, get meditation.

Training tamer build:

Animal Taming
Animal Lore
Magery
Meditation
Veterinary
Musicianship
Peacemaking

This will allow you to tame in dungeons where you get increased skill gains.

Final PvM build:

Animal Taming
Animal Lore
Magery
Meditation
Veterinary
Musicianship
Provocation

For a uoforever PvP/PvM build...sub the last two skills for Magic Resist and Evaluating Intelligence.

My bad. Thought you needed Anat to res your pet. I knew something didn't seem right when I listed the skills

Smokey McCallum

Grandmaster
Hey all, Dannyrulx here.

Looking to create my first character, and wondering how to make an animal trainer/Beastmaster viable. I want to keep her as far away from the action as possible, but with enough combat skills so I'm not useless without them.

Any help much appreciated.

If its your first char I would suggest not making it a tamer. A dexer might be the easiest build to get you used to how everything works. A dexer is cheap and easy to make whereas a tamer requires a LOT of work.

Dannyrulx

Neophyte
If its your first char I would suggest not making it a tamer. A dexer might be the easiest build to get you used to how everything works. A dexer is cheap and easy to make whereas a tamer requires a LOT of work.
I knew someone would say this. I play MMORPG's to RP. Animal tamers are really fun characters to RP.

Smokey McCallum

Grandmaster
I knew someone would say this. I play MMORPG's to RP. Animal tamers are really fun characters to RP.

If youve only just learned what a macro is id suggest making a simpler build than a tamer to get used to the mechanics. Making a tamer is very time consuming and/or expensive and even more so if youre learning the mechanics at the same time. Its up to you of course, just a suggestion. I wouldnt want you to give up and leave the game once you realise how horrible taming is to raise.
Anyways, if you need any help with macroing or whatever PM me.